Author Topic: BOX and Tacview  (Read 97 times)

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
BOX and Tacview
« on: July 03, 2019, 06:42:39 PM »
BOX is Awesome..  was flying with Olds last night in Combat Box.. attacking AAA and shipping..  Had Combat Box all to ourselves for about 45 mins.

Came across this and wanted to share... you can analyze your flights and all that jazz, just like TOP GUN.. program is called Tacview and it doesn't work with 1946, but it does with "modern" sim games...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=top+gun+clip+of+debrief&&view=detail&mid=F3928E471768610BEF3DF3928E471768610BEF3D&&FORM=VRDGAR
** STOP the Vid at 1:14 ** Unless you want to buy your MRS. flower etc...  Blah blah blah!!

https://www.tacview.net/product/en/
And it's on Sale... the whole world is on sale right NOW..

https://www.tacview.net/documentation/il2/

simple tweak in the config file and Viola! Like the Frenchie says!!!

Wave of the future Gents!!! Wave of the Future!

Woody
(aka Official BOX advocate to AH)

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
Re: BOX and Tacview
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 06:17:42 PM »
So...  being playing around with Tacview this morning..  Lots of goodies..

Won't work on-line but could be a good training tool for COOPS! and Wingman Tactics...

It tracks tons of stuff,...  the one graph in the screenie tracks G's.. but there are lots others.. like Potential vs Kinetic Energy....  speed and alt graphs for different A/C etc..

You can track range and Angle off.. as you see in the modeling, so good for gunnery etc...
and it plays off of the game track....

Click on image to enlarge

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 06:19:44 PM by _AH_Hollywood »
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!

Offline _AH_Bear

• Global Moderator
  • R.I.P. August Never Forgotten
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 11:18:26 PM »
Maybe we were onna differnet serve but Lippy and I flew on the BOX server and we didnt like it.. no tags no map icon reverted me back to JO days ground reconnoitering.. not the kinda fun i wanna have.. i was able to spot other planes.. Lippy lost me a few time..

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 01:59:23 AM »
I hear ya Bear

It’s a challenge. There some with icons

The AKA normal settings coconut powered one is running Kuban planes now.
Let’s do that one.