Carrier Takeoffs Made Easy!

Started by _AH_Moggy, August 24, 2007, 08:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moggy

~S~ guys.  I put together a little package that explains how to artificially increase carrier speeds in IL-2.  It's available for download at:

http://www.4shared.com/file/22780421/eb0d1590/Carrier_Takeoffs_made_easier.html

_AH_Gonzo

Thanks for the tutorial Moggy. I'm making this post a "Sticky"!

:drinking-43:

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_tomtom

S!! Moggy, just curious if you tried to upload that to the site or is still not working for you??  If not let try to trouble shoot this to git r dun

"Lord, if you won't make me skinny, please make all my friends fat."

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_tomtom on August 25, 2007, 02:54:48 AM
S!! Moggy, just curious if you tried to upload that to the site or is still not working for you??  If not let try to trouble shoot this to git r dun

S! TomTom:

Actually I forgot.  I was going to upload it here afterwards, but never got around to it.  doh!

_AH_Deviant

Anyone remember my cloaking battleship mission, where you took off, attacked, and when you came back battleships surrounded the island? That was me doing pretty much what this described. 400kph Battleships. lol

In any case, now that I know the exact conversion, I thank you for doing all that work. :D

P.S. Any speed above ~400 KPH will rip you off the carrier as your landing gear fails and your plane lifts off the deck.  :happy-016:

_AH_Jack

_AH_Mutley

Moggster...all that stuff about carrier speeds....is that what the mission builder uses to adjust the speeds or does each individual pilot have to make those changes? That stuff looks like it's outta my league (latrine orderlies generally don't need to think, just set the bowls on fire...hehe).   :lol-029: