FMB - cant get planes to take off from ground bases/carriers

Started by Phantom, July 04, 2019, 12:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantom

Happy 4th of July if it applies (or as my friends in the mighty UK say "traitors day", lol)

Ive used the FMB for quite a while and have run into an odd problem - I cant get planes to spawn on the ground or carrier for take offs when building coops...they end up air starting or  being suspended above the base about 10ft at zero speed and just drop onto ground. The waypoint in the FMB shows the takeoff icon and corresponding info, but when I try to run it for a test, no ground/carrier start.

I have never encountered this issue before....tried many plane types, different maps, etc....no luck.  Also tried de activating jsgme mods, etc. Nada. Im hesitant to go into existing maps and play around until I make copies, etc.

Is it possible that when I activated the korean war aircraft pack to fly the campaign for the first time it somehow caused this?    Im not upset, as I can always just reinstall things, but has anyone else come across this happening or have a suggestion on a fix? I would imagine more info from myself would be needed, but figured it was worth a shot.

Thanks for your assistance!

~S~

Klink - "Phantom, get this guy off my tail!"
Phantom - "Im trying, but I cant hit him "
Klink - "Then dont aim at him when you shoot!!!"

_AH_fraggmann

At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

Phantom

It has been in my jsgme folder for some time, but the other night was the first night I activated it. Will do a full remove and see. Thanks for suggestion.

update: looks like when I host a coop, the take off issue isnt there..only when I am in FMB and do test runs offline. 

Gremlins are now the prime suspect.

_AH_DarkWolf

Did a couple quick tests here with the korean aircraft pack activated and no issues, kites started on the ground as normal. I don't think I've ever heard of the problem you are describing.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Bear

Phantom

~S~ Bear

Yes, tried different ships, bases, aircraft - no luck. Been using the FMB for a dozen years and have never seen this before. Its only when I try to test- fly a coop in the FMB offline...weird.

Ah well, reinstall may be in the cards if I cant figure it out today. 

Thanks for your suggestions!