Author Topic: BOX - Jul 5  (Read 225 times)

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
Re: BOX - Jul 5
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 12:18:03 AM »

Z,

if you were so inclined, we could even ask Jason Williams and the crew at BOS for server copy of the game.. when you get that beast of a server up and running..

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_z5o

• Calendar Monkey
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 12:35:44 AM »
Sounds like a killer ideal Wood. Im still fiddling around with these Virtual Machines (VM). I hope to have it ready to start doing some serious work. Look in t it if you want to and get back to me on it. If they ask. Tell them I have a Enterprise Server Im wanting to run it on.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 12:48:41 AM »
I wonder what the requirements for a dedicated server are hardware wise.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 01:07:23 AM »
Right on Boys!

Let me find that thread....

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 01:09:20 AM »

Here is something in "their own words" about how you can fly with any Battle Series version you have...

Compatibility Between Editions
There are three different editions of IL-2 Sturmovik available - Battle of Stalingrad, Battle of Moscow and Battle of Kuban. They use a common client and authorization system, which allows a customer to use them separately or as a combined product. This approach allows players of both editions to encounter each other in multiplayer mode and streamlines updates and the addition of future content. All editions of the game include the standard gameplay modes and several maps that are available to all owners of the sim.

Offline _AH_z5o

• Calendar Monkey
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 01:18:51 AM »
We really need a tech night on here.

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 02:19:27 AM »
Zulu,

Request for Dserver made. I will let you know when they respond.

Create a DServer Account
Before you can obtain and run a DServer, you must create a DServer account. The account
allows you to download and use a free, limited version of IL-2 Sturmovik that includes the
DServer software. This procedure shows you how to obtain the DServer account from 1C
Game Studios customer service.
Do the following:
1. Log in to your IL-2 Sturmovik account (the one that you purchased, not another
DServer account) at http://il2sturmovik.com.
2. Click the "Support" link and then click "I have not found a solution in the FAQ".
A "Contacting Customer Support" page appears.
3. Choose subject "Other (please specify)".
4. Under "Enter a subject", type "Dserver please"
5. Under "Describe the problem", type the following:
"Please, provide me with a special account that I would like to use to host a dedicated
server. I know that such account would not let me play the game and that it doesn’t
have planes on it, and I acknowledge that such account is the property of 1C Game
Studios."
6. Click "Send" to submit the request.

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 03:58:30 PM »

S! Zulu,

I now have an activation key for AH Server...

Offline _AH_z5o

• Calendar Monkey
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 03:09:11 AM »
Great, if you like. Lets get together and see if we can get one working. Ive download Coconut's multiplayer missions from Mission4today to start off. We can go from there.

Offline _AH_z5o

• Calendar Monkey
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2019, 01:58:36 PM »
I sent  request in this morning. Waiting on response.

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2019, 02:38:13 PM »
They are fast Zulu.. probably Monday or Tuesday.

I have activation codes for you on them one I got...

I should be around later today if you want to connect

Itchin to fly the A-20 today

Offline _AH_z5o

• Calendar Monkey
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2019, 02:45:54 PM »
Sounds good to me Wood. Ill turn on my Discord so anytime your ready I should be there. Unless Im back on the mower. I mowed my moms place yesterday and I need to do mine today sometime. But, Ill be around.