Z's video upgrade

Started by _AH_z5o, July 11, 2019, 08:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

~S~ Guys,
Got my new video card in today. For those who dont know what Im talking about. I looked up the Recommended config for iL2 BoX. One of the video cards it Recommended was the NVIDIA GeForce 660. So I found a Asus NVidia GeForce 660 GTX on ebay for $30. Ordered it and upgrade from a GeForce 635 GT.
I Benchmark both cards on my system so I could compare the two cards and see if and what changes it made.
First off. The 635 is a 1gig bear-bones card that has served me well for many years. Its ran iL2 1946 like a charm with everything turned up.
The program that I bench-marked the two cards with is called Superposition Benchmark. It runs a 3D video to load up the card. And that it does. It runs the card at 100% load. Stressing the crap out of it.
The video running on the 635 was horrifyingly jumpy.  Unwatchable.
Heres the results from the Bench-marking on the 636 GT.

Now the 660 GTX....
Holy crap. I can not beleave how much better EVERYTHING looks and runs. Its amazing. The test video was flawless.

Results for the Asus nvidia GeForce 660 GTX 2gig GDDR5 card.

The  Asus nvidia GeForce 660 GTX(USED). Best 30 bucks Ive ever spent.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_DarkWolf

Given what you had yeah, 30 bucks US is well worth it. Thats like what, a 380% increase?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill