Author Topic: AH BOX Thursday Nights  (Read 309 times)

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
AH BOX Thursday Nights
« on: September 20, 2019, 03:49:21 PM »
S! All,

Quick little word.... so Lippy and Olds and I flew around last night in AKA Coconut server...

It was fun.. and although it was full switch... it was a blast .. wouldn't you both agree?

The fidelity of the game is such that you don't really need icons.. GPS map icons are a nice addition.

Lippy and I had a dogfight for about what 10-15 mins Lippy?  Lippy's ride 109 k-4 with big gun pods and I flew the Yak-1 bubbletop (ser. 127)

It was nearly a draw as time was running out and we kept losing each other in the sun and in the glare of our canopy.. ultimately, it was engine management that gave me the edge..

That K-4 is one mean BEAST!

Soon there will be the P-51, P-38 and Tempest plus new maps and other cool features like pilot physiology (fatigue from too many G's etc...)

Hope to see more activity on Thursdays.. 

S!

WOOD

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Online _AH_Col._Hogan

• Administrator
  • S.A.P.P.
Re: AH BOX Thursday Nights
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 05:22:23 PM »
I will be more active when the next update comes.

Although Thur. is NFL night.

~S

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 05:32:39 PM »

I hear you Hogan.. very much looking forward to the new update...
Hope to see others in the sky
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 11:33:56 PM »
I would say the fight was about 10 minutes, I put a few good rounds into his plane  early and the Woods hung on like the pilot I expect. My engine management is in serious need of improvement. I like the K-4 with the DC engine it climbs like a bad out of hell, and is fast. Gun pods arent needed I just like strafing with them. Thats right Strafing not stofing.

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2019, 01:01:29 AM »

Things are calming down out here, no winds, fires are far away... might try and fly tonight...

Any takers?

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 07:25:34 PM »

DW and I flew around in his room last night, and near the end, Olds showed up...   good times..

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2019, 07:28:47 PM »
I will have to remember thursday nights are BOS night

Online _AH_Col._Hogan

• Administrator
  • S.A.P.P.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 12:34:02 AM »
Thanks, I now have a new desktop background.

S!

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2019, 10:42:47 PM »

Do I dare ask.. if anyone is planning on flying BOS..

Jack?????   up for some ground loops...

Twenty - Now that the Pats aren't undefeated... you game?

Lippy?

Bear?

Hogan?

Wang?

Z?

Offline _AH_Bear

• Global Moderator
  • R.I.P. August Never Forgotten
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2019, 11:32:00 PM »
im in.. haven't seen our fav server up  cant remember the name

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 12:41:57 AM »

Bear... AKA Normal or Expert.. powered by Coconut?

I found another one that was a Canadian server... normal setting, icons, maps.. externals..  hmmm

Offline _AH_Lippy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 04:36:15 AM »
Sorry bud it was my time to cook "Mediterranean Chicken Pasta Bake" man it was difficult finding all of the ingredients. But it sure was worth it.
recipe

12 oz uncooked gemelli pasta (about 3 cups)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 package (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (about 3)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup chopped red onion Save $
1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic (about 3 cloves)
1 bag (8 oz) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained and diced
8 oz crumbled feta cheese
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
1 cup Progresso™ Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves

Steps
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package; set aside.
Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and add to skillet; cook 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; set aside.
Reduce heat to medium. In same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the onion and garlic; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until starting to wilt, about 1 minute.
In very large bowl, mix cooked chicken, spinach mixture, pasta, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese and Italian cheese blend. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle on top of pasta mixture in baking dish. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until bread crumbs are golden brown and casserole is heated through (165°F in center). Garnish with basil, and serve.
Expert Tips
•   Rotini or penne pasta are great substitutes for gemelli pasta in this recipe.
•   Jarred finely chopped garlic can be purchased in the produce section of the grocery store, making it convenient to use.

Enjoy fellas