Author Topic: AH BOX Thursday Nights  (Read 607 times)

Offline _AH_Olds

• Aces High Member
  • GM! Bring Back Olds!
Re: AH BOX Thursday Nights
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2019, 12:07:33 PM »
Would like to have been in Thursday night, but had some problems with my rudder pedals. One of the toe brakes quit on my Saitek pedals, so I started working on my CH pedals again I had fixed the toe brakes last winter, but didn't have them working right. Worked on them Thursday night, and they worked as they should but the game wouldn't recognize the pedals. Finally was able to get them working last night by assigning the pedals as Device 2 with a Z axis, and doing the same with the brakes, assigning them to X and Y. Pedals seem to be working pretty good now...glad to finally get them straightened out. Was about to call for help with this if it had taken much longer..

I wish someone would figure out why the CH Manager will gray out when using Windows 10 and you change one of the settings, like going from mapped mode to direct, and so on. Win 10 doesn't like the program, so when that happens, the only thing I can do is reboot to get it working again. Takes a lot of reboots when you are trying to fix something like this. At least it works well once you get through that.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • It never happened!
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 05:04:10 PM »
I wish someone would figure out why the CH Manager will gray out when using Windows 10 and you change one of the settings, like going from mapped mode to direct, and so on.

Olds,

I have had this problem off and on for some time.. usually it will work fine and then have some hissy fit..  The trick I found that works EVERY TIME is to sign out of your Win10 profile,
Crtl + Alt + Del - then click sign out, you will hear the UBS recognize and then log back in..  Works for me 100% of the time.

Good luck and let me know if that solves it for you.

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Olds

• Aces High Member
  • GM! Bring Back Olds!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 09:51:30 PM »
Yes, THANK YOU! Ran the program, and the buttons grayed out. Signed out, heard the chime, signed back in and brought up the program. Buttons were back, without rebooting. Saves a lot of time. Doesn't stop the buttons from graying out, but it makes it much easier to work with. This whole thing has to be tied to the sign on and security settings. Would be nice if we could figure out how to fix it for good. Again, Thank You! Much appreciated!  :happy-112:
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman