Other squadron level mods

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 07, 2008, 10:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxbat

Quite reasonable. Ok now can we fly our campaigns in 409? I mean the next one we start anyways hehe.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  I believe a 409 Slot Campaign is in the works right now..   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_DarkWolf

I have the feeling we'll start flying the Euro Campaign in 4.09 at some point, but I think we should get a little more time under our belts with it first.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Duff4r

Not only reasonable but.....prudent.

I agree,
Duff

_AH_Jack

From what I've seen in the 4.09 mods, the aircraft seem to be a bit more stable.  The new maps are a nice breath of freash air.  I'm all for a full transition to 4.09. 

_AH_BBQhead

S~. from what i've seen.. the Add on planes are going to cause the same problems we had before in the ready room if some guys have them and some don't..

saw the newly flyable PBY show up as player Flyable in a mission that was built when it had originally been AI only.

So please install the add on planes ( and maps) into a test game folder until it's agreed to that it's worth the time and trouble for everyone to get  it.

the maps.. i really like the new maps.. except for the frame hits over parts of some of them.. quite severe in some spots.
Also have seen a game crash from installing the malta map..  Was a minor problem  only because they had a back up and were able to replace the corrupted file in a jiffy.. well done, Gonzo..

If you're gonna install new stuff... Keep back ups! install it into a test folder so it doesn't cause delays when ten guys are ready to fly....  be a little patient til it's tested by a half a dozen guys, then post a link in the Add ons links thread so the rest of us know where to get it.... then give everyone a couple days to get it.

the stuff that's paid for and official is buggy enough... so don't expect the free stuff to be bug free..   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_BBQhead

S~. Seems a bug has been uncovered in the 409b1m installation..

so far it has only appeared on a dogfight map.. it happens to be the combat qual.. which was built in 408...

the landing craft in the river were placed on the map as enemy,  but when the room is hosted, those enemy boats convert theirselves to friendly.. BUT when the map is opened in mission builder ( in 409 b1m).. they are still enemy.. host the game and shoot those same boats and you'll get a friendly kill..  has anyone seen any fixes for this horrible map destroying bug?

_AH_DarkWolf

It's not a 4.09 thing, it does the same thing in 4.08.  It's not all the landing craft either, just some. Some of the trucks on the road as well. I did a little testing and found it's the home base "sphere" thats turning these things friendly.

Tighten it up so it does'nt encompass those objects in the valley, and they will be enemy.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Duff4r

Good catch DW!  That's why you get the big bucks  :happy-112:

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. interesting..    thanks for the info, DW.. i'll try that..   i originally had those circles  as small as they would go, but then i was having trouble getting the base to stay as a  home base..   

update!.. yes it was my map making incompetence that did it.. i hastily added those ships and vehicles after i heard a lot of guys saying they were over the river and didn't see any landing craft.. then posted the mission for download.. i've replaced the available download with the new and improved version... now with less rat. .. welll.. there is some rat.. ok it's mostly rat really.   

_AH_Col._Hogan

Here is my in game new oil splash, and i'm bleeeeeeding......................S!

http://picasaweb.google.com/Col.Hogan1910/IL202/photo#5223379652987934450

*this post has been moved  the NON squadron level mods thread.

_AH_Spardog

Man, I visit a mouse in alligator land for a few weeks and after reading all the posts regarding 4.09, add-on maps, plus add-on mods that are required to fly (which may cause frame rates to drop in top-of-the-line PCs to 70+ fps), it appears that I may have to buy another computer in order to fly with you gents in the future.  :surprised-041:

Spar

_AH_taldrg

~S~ I feel your pain Spar. I dropped a grand for a new PC with all the up to date bells and whistles and have not, because of all the things you mentioned, flown one min. since I got the thing home but not all is lost. I ran up 20 wins in a row in Free Cell.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Spardog

S~ 

20 Wins!  :cool:

Your ability to always look at the bright side of things is only one of the things I admire about you, TD.

Sad to hear that you have not flown 1 minute since spending money just to keep up in order to fly with friends (a thousand bucks is a lot of money for us retired folks on fixed incomes). 

I fear that we may be left behind with all this "we must have the latest/greatest mod" installed, and using the latest dll set, and/or running nearly-the-fastest video card on the market in our PC to be able to fly in a GAME.

Since I have been back Monday, the boys in AH are always in an AH 4.09 coop. Alas, I have been using my flight time in civilian aircraft in Microsoft's Flight Simulator 10 (FSX). 

Spar 

_AH_Jack

Spar and TD,

The only mods that affect game play with others are the new maps, which don't use any more processor or memory than in 4.08, unless you're flying on a very highly detailed version of the map.  I am steering clear of those maps (ie. Malta, high detail, which has abouta1001 objects in the city) when building coops now. 

You don't need new clouds, less, dust, new planes, bursts of flame from the exhaust headers on startup, or tire screeches on landing.  Those only affect an individual players' view within his own game.

Spar, you were suffering slide show mode before any of the new mods came out.  Taildrags old PC simply fizzled out.

I've sent both of you full copies of my 409mb1 game.  I personally packaged them up and mailed them at my local post office this morning.

The install will require a simple creation of a new, empty folder that you can name whatever you like, and then copying the data from the 409mb1 DVD into the new folder.  You can then create a shortcut for your desktop for off-line play, and point Hyperlobby towards it for on-line play.  When ready, I'll be pleased to help both of you with that.  It's easier to walk you through verbally than to type the three steps to qhuickly switching versions in HL.  You don'e need a swithcher.