Author Topic: Battle Series (AKA) BOS - New Patch 4.006  (Read 148 times)

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • BOX? DON'T BE SCARED!
Battle Series (AKA) BOS - New Patch 4.006
« on: May 20, 2020, 03:55:28 PM »
New patch release with two new planes.. Yak-9 (x2)

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12826-game-updates/?do=findComment&comment=940860

For you 38 drivers.. Olds!!! Hogan!!!

A huge (25 missions!) scenario campaign Lightning Strikes is available for all Bodenplatte Premium customers (you can also play it if you have purchased Bodenplatte Standard Edition and P-38J-25 Collector Plane separately)

Enjoy!
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Col._Hogan

• Administrator
  • S.A.P.P.
Re: Battle Series (AKA) BOS - New Patch 4.006
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 04:21:26 PM »
Thank's Woody.

Don't update if you have a Radeon graphics card. Seems there is alot of bugs, they are working on a fix.

~S

Offline _AH_Bear

• Global Moderator
  • R.I.P. August Never Forgotten
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 04:33:44 PM »
If you wanna play you have no choice in the update

Offline _AH_Col._Hogan

• Administrator
  • S.A.P.P.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 08:54:34 PM »
Single player.

!S!

Offline _AH_Bear

• Global Moderator
  • R.I.P. August Never Forgotten
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 09:18:43 PM »
Single player.

!S!

Still have to update

Offline _AH_Shrtaprch

• Grand Master of the Order of Sarcastic Bastards
  • Aces High Member
  • I speak Engrish
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 09:37:26 PM »
Radeon Issues:  I was having them last night..they are brutal.  In cockpit it looks like you are flying with a screen window over the cockpit.  Down low at the base the snow flashes white and brown.  Lots of pixelation!

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/61739-ati-radeon-troubles-after-4006-update/
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 09:39:50 PM by _AH_Shrtaprch »

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 09:54:33 PM »
Wondered if maybe you had an ATI card, Shrt. I've got a Nvidia card and notice some wierd pixellation with the new reflections when moving the camera in and out with my mouse. Kinda odd, they will probably have alot of things to iron out.

I looked around to see if I could find the files for that P-38 campaign so maybe it could be modded into an online COOP thing, found most of the files in the Campaigns.gtp but the actual .Mission files are missing. Perhaps they are in another .gtp, or they don't want people to have access to them and they are hidden or otherwise protected.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_Shrtaprch

• Grand Master of the Order of Sarcastic Bastards
  • Aces High Member
  • I speak Engrish
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 10:13:25 PM »
Yeah..good to know the devs are on it.  It looks like all ATI cards are having the problem.  The P38 career would be a blast if we could set it up as a campaign or something.  I like the concept of the Finnish War server with objectives and resupply.  I know we would need to tweek some of the navigation and icons settings to get good participation.

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • BOX? DON'T BE SCARED!
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • BOX? DON'T BE SCARED!
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2020, 10:16:31 PM »
Finally had a chance to check out 4.006 last night

Flew one mission of the new P-38 scripted campaign.
That was fun.  Lots of immersion as you start at the base in the depot and taxi out as a 4 ship element.  Two flights are hitting AAA emplacements and as you ground pound, first flight covers and vice versa. It’s a 25 mission single player campaign that looks fun and has lots of moving parts.
Free to all who have premium BoBP

I bought the Yak9s and flew them in QMB and the new canopy rendering really stands out.
It was there are well in the 38, but this is an entirely different thing.

You see the entire instrument cluster projected on the bubble canopy. Very cool.

It wasn’t so pronounced in the 51.

The no grass opinion is now in the graphics settings rather than buried in the conf file.

I only flew for an hour so I’m sure other new facets will show themselves with more seat time.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 01:02:37 AM by _AH_Hollywood »

Online _AH_JimDandy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 12:32:19 AM »
Sounds very interesting. I have not had a chance to fly since update. Hoping to maybe get in tonight. Wonder if they will add a single player mission for the Mustang?
How did you enjoy flying the Yak HW? It seems like devs are doing some very good things with this new sim. 

JD

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • BOX? DON'T BE SCARED!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 01:06:37 AM »
The yak had good visibility and the cockpit is very similar to Yak-1 and Yak-7

The big gun is a 1-2 shot kill.
Seem like a fun little ship.

As for campaigns, I did stumble across a 5 mission 51 scripted campaign.
The author did something cool, each mission has the ability to refuel and rearm several times in each mission. So you could technically fly three sorties in one mission.

*** UPDATED *** - https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/61121-lullaby-for-a-dream-scripted-campaign-for-the-p-51d/

Boom.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 01:22:24 AM by _AH_Hollywood »