Author Topic: Battle Series (AKA) BOS - New Patch Update  (Read 490 times)

Offline _AH_Bear

• Global Moderator
  • R.I.P. August Never Forgotten
Re: Battle Series (AKA) BOS - New Patch Update
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2020, 02:12:47 AM »
21. P-38, P-47, P-51, Tempest, Ju-88, Me-262:  landing gear doors of other players in multiplayer won’t stay visibly open;/

I knew I wasn’t crazy.

Hahha... yep

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • BOX? DON'T BE SCARED!
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 06:51:59 PM »
So.....

Broke down and bought Battle of a Normandy yesterday. I’m definitely putting Jason’s kid through college for sure.

They released the Razorback P-47D-22 as the first plane set along with a boatload of improvements to the D-27

I must say, they have rendered this cockpit (D-22) very well. The stock skins are varied and well done.

Flew it in unPro and it was a fun ship to fly. Good bomb load out.

Twenty and Shrt were on last night and we were talking about the new comms imbedded in the game.
Twenty had d/l it but was working through it.

Another neat feature we want to tell you about is the support for a special in-game voice communications system known as SRS - "Simple Radio Standalone" (IL2-SRS). At the moment its support is not final, but it can be used with ease already.

Recent improvements to the 47-D27 which I would assume also applies to the D-22

10. P-47D-28 stall behavior has been corrected: the aircraft is less likely to suddenly stall at a beyond-stall angle of attack;
11. P-47D-28: damping moments have been corrected, resulting in the more inert and 'heavy' feel of controls;
12. P-47D-28 controls effectiveness has been corrected. The maximum roll rate has been reduced to correspond to the historical data. At high speeds (before the air compressibility effects kick in) the aircraft is more controllable along the roll and pitch axes. During the Mach-tuck the controls lose effectiveness making exiting a dive more difficult;
13. P-47D-28: maximum wing lift with extended flaps has been reduced;
14. P-47D-28 engine thermal model corrected (it became more resistant to overheating);
15. P-47D-28: the visual image of the rotating rotorhead has been improved;
16. P-47D-28: the problem with the rotation of the bent screw when using boost has been fixed;
17. P-47D-28: 150-octane fuel modification has been added;
18. P-47D-28 injection system corrected: when there is no liquid in the system left, the engine can’t be switched to WEP mode. The pressure gauge shows correct pressure in the injection system;
19. P-47D-28: the description of the aircraft and the related tips in the technochat were updated;
20. P-47D-28: the outside and inside sound mismatch has been addressed;
21. P-38, P-47, P-51, Tempest, Ju-88, Me-262:  landing gear doors of other players in multiplayer won’t stay visibly open;

Hope to see you in the skies this weekend.

S!
HW

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Bear

• Global Moderator
  • R.I.P. August Never Forgotten
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2020, 04:26:32 AM »
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.. maybe i can get enuf tramdol in me to sit for awhile..

Offline _AH_DarkWolf

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2020, 07:08:41 PM »
13. P-47D-28: maximum wing lift with extended flaps has been reduced

About damn time on that one, dropping flaps for landing no longer engages a downward firing rocket motor.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • BOX? DON'T BE SCARED!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2020, 08:54:48 PM »

To me it felt like helicopter, hovering over the base like an Osprey.....

I was reading the P-47D-22 is slightly faster that than the D-28, but a smaller Water Injection tank.

All that is gone.. fun place to fly.. and if you own the P-47-D28 you will be pleasantly surprised.

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_JimDandy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2020, 01:33:37 AM »

.. and if you own the P-47-D28 you will be pleasantly surprised.
I own it HW,
Looking forward to getting some cockpit time in .

JD

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • BOX? DON'T BE SCARED!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2020, 12:16:38 AM »
Have been reading the two Jug manuals I have.

Interesting read.
Maybe I will start a new thread about some of the things to do in the Big Girl.

Anyone interested in that?

Never was a fan of the Razorback until now.

Offline _AH_Col._Hogan

• Administrator
  • S.A.P.P.
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2020, 12:53:36 AM »
I would def. read that Woody.

~S

Offline _AH_JimDandy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2020, 02:19:50 AM »
Have been reading the two Jug manuals I have.
Anyone interested in that?

Never was a fan of the Razorback until now.
Most Definitely HW. Count me in. I would like to read up on it. :)