VR?

Started by _AH_z5o, June 18, 2020, 07:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

What do ya'll think. In the near future Im hoping to get a new Track IR. Mainly because my current one has almost completely fallen apart. Over the years I kept it together with glue, tape etc. Ive had to rewire it at least 2 times. I had to 3D print my own base. WHICH works well, but, could be better. ANYWAYS... Ive been eye balling a Oculus Rift S. Its priced about the same as a Track IR unit and my current PC will run it. SO Im wondering which would be better? On the up sie. Which ever one I decide to get. Ill still have my old Track IR that still works. What do ya'll think.

https://www.oculus.com/rift-s/
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Lippy

With VR you can not see the keyboard. But woody has some software that will have voice controlled activation such as gear down or up flaps and so on.

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_z5o on June 18, 2020, 07:26:47 PM
What do ya'll think. In the near future Im hoping to get a new Track IR. Mainly because my current one has almost completely fallen apart. Over the years I kept it together with glue, tape etc. Ive had to rewire it at least 2 times. I had to 3D print my own base. WHICH works well, but, could be better. ANYWAYS... Ive been eye balling a Oculus Rift S. Its priced about the same as a Track IR unit and my current PC will run it. SO Im wondering which would be better? On the up sie. Which ever one I decide to get. Ill still have my old Track IR that still works. What do ya'll think.

https://www.oculus.com/rift-s/

I strongly suggest you look the other way when it come to the Oculas Rif S..its far less of a unit than its predecessor.. alot of comparisons etc online say that is so as well...  Look into what Jacks got.. i think.. some models like Oculas rif need sensors.. some dont..

_AH_Hollywood

Zulu

HP Reverb and PiMax have the best resolution.

They are expensive.

Other models will appear less clear than a 2D monitor and you might be displeased.

I recently upgraded my system.
Your CPU plays an equal part along with the GPU for good graphics for VR in BOS.

I went from a i7 3.4 GHz CPU / 8 GB GPU to a i9 5.2 GHz CPU / 8GB GPU
and you can tell. The game uses single thread performance for BOS

Start there first.

HW

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_JimDandy

HW has nailed it. I have done a ton of research on the VR's and
HP Reverb seems to out bench test all the others.
The Reverb reviews of actual usage say it all. When I pull the trigger
on one, this is going to be the one for me.
Its pricey but if your going to do anything its best to do it right.

JD