9/11 Where were you?

Started by _AH_z5o, September 11, 2020, 05:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

Where were you when you first realize our nation was under attack during 9/11?

Myself. I was camping at the furnace on Chestnut Stand. I woke to a glorious morning. The sun was up and it was a beautiful morning but I sensed something was amiss. I couldnt figure it out right then, but, I knew something was wrong. It was totally silent. Not a sound. Just a few bird and that was it. What was missing? Aircraft flying overhead. There was not even one plane in the air. Which, if you ever been to the furnace on Chestnut Stand, you'd know what Im talking about. You ALWAYS hear them flying overhead. But, not that morning. It was totally silent. I didnt turn on the radio during my ride home, but still, I knew SOMETHING was wrong. What I didnt know. I could just feel it in the air. Later when I got home I was met by my dad on the back porch. He said in a tone Ive never herd him use before., "The towers are on the ground." I STILL didnt realize what he was talkng about or what was going on. UNTIL I saw the replay of one of the airplanes crashing in to the towers and later that tower falling to the ground. Then I knew, then I realized, that everything knew was about to change.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Hollywood

I was remodeling my house at the time and was driving from my in-laws back to my house.
We heard it on the radio.

Never forget that day nor as Zulu states., no planes in the sky that entire week.
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_fraggmann

America lost innocent as well as very brave people.
I pray that they all have a place next to God and are all
at peace..... :sad-056:

My youngest son was 12 days old, mom was tending to his needs.
We were both watching the tube when they broke into the
program and..... you know the rest.
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_Bear

I was at work and heard it on the radio.. couldnt believe it was real.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Seth McFarland was running late and missed his flight on one of the planes that hit the towers.

~S~

_AH_JimDandy

~S~ All,
I was working for Boeing Aerospace in New Hampshire. One of my fellow mechanics ran out into the hangar bay and told me we were being attacked. I made it into the coffee room to see the 2nd plane hit the towers.
It was beyond understanding. It did not register to me what had happened for a few secs. About 30 mins later the company had us all meet in the hanger bay and locked it down. Sent us home for 7 days.
Everyone was scared. I will (Never Forget) God Bless the firefighters and officers who risked all that day and some paid the ultimate price.  :(

Breez

I was on my way to work out at the airport..737 mech...I was on the field when all flights were cancelled.

AH_DealnDave

I was in Indianapolis. Just off shift at my new job, a Target Distribution Center. I was cooking and just turned on the TV when the news had cut in and showed the aftermath of the plane hitting the first tower. I saw the second tower being hit "live" on the news. I had only been out of the Army for a year, I called the recruiter that morning to see if I could get back in. At that time, the Captain told me that if they needed me I would get a letter in the mail, this was the process for retiaries at the time. I never got a letter, wish I did.
Salute,

AH_DealnDave