Having an issue

Started by _AH_Bear, December 28, 2020, 08:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Bear

Not sure what i did.. but my rig wont auto shut off the monitor or set the computer to sleep mode after an allotted time like it normally should, been like this a few months now,   I have gone to the proper places and set the times, i think i mighta been messing with something someplace i cant remember where to go to set it back.. am i making sense? lol..

_AH_JimDandy

Bear sounds like might of set everything to never settings.
Go to device manager under control panel and it will be in the power options settings. I hope this is it.
(wavey)

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_JimDandy on December 28, 2020, 01:04:56 PM
Bear sounds like might of set everything to never settings.
Go to device manager under control panel and it will be in the power options settings. I hope this is it.
(wavey)

No thats what im saying i have done and been playing with that for over a month and no change .. i think theres a window that allows you to change computers settings that in cant remember how to get at.. someone out there knows where it is i hope..
Thanks for trying tho JD

_AH_Hollywood

Win 10 Bear yes.

Two things. Are you looking for monitor to go into sleep or your computer?
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Hollywood

I'm off and can go to my computer in a moment.

QuoteSleep

This uses very little power, your PC starts up faster, and you're instantly back to where you left off. You don't have to worry that you'll lose your work because of your battery draining, because Windows automatically saves all your work and turns off the PC if the battery is too low. Use sleep when you're going to be away from your PC for just a little while—like when you're taking a coffee break.

For a lot of PCs (especially laptops and tablets), your PC goes to sleep when you close your lid or press the power button.

To make your PC sleep:

Open power options:

For Windows 10, select Start , then select Settings  > System  > Power & sleep  > Additional power settings.

For Windows 8.1 / Windows RT 8.1, swipe in from the edge of the screen, tap Search (or if you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search), enter Power options in the search box, and then tap or click Power options.

For Windows 7, click the Startbutton  Start button icon, click Control Panel, click System and Security, and then click Power Options.

Do one of the following:

If you're using a desktop, tablet, or laptop, select Choose what the power buttons do. Next to When I press the power button, select Sleep, and then select Save changes.

If you're using only a laptop, select Choose what closing the lid does. Next to When I close the lid, select Sleep, and then select Save changes.

When you're ready to make your PC sleep, just press the power button on your desktop, tablet, or laptop, or close your laptop's lid.

On most PCs, you can resume working by pressing your PC's power button. However, not all PCs are the same. You might be able to wake it by pressing any key on the keyboard, clicking a mouse button, or opening the lid on a laptop. Check the documentation that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on December 28, 2020, 06:09:52 PM

Win 10 Bear yes.

Two things. Are you looking for monitor to go into sleep or your computer?

Yes to all

_AH_Hollywood

Pretty straight forward on Win 10

Monitor sleep or

Computer sleep

Do you see the right column of screen

Other options?

_AH_Bear

yea i know where all the obvious settings are .. its a different window that opens.. gives you choices yes no etc  a more in depth place that what we are talking about here  a place i shouldnt have been messing in..lol

Breez

Happens to me when I plug anyone of my flight controllers into usb..vkb.. stick and rudders and ch throttle only time it happens.. :sad-056:

_AH_Bear

_AH_Hollywood

Right on

Ten cent Man comes thru. WTG double dime

_AH_Bear

_AH_Bear

i dont know enough about things to make a move .. i did Ctrl alt delete and found the process and stopped it there but im not sure about removing it?? whats safe to do im at a loss with .. TIA for any help..

_AH_BBQhead

You can Stop it, but it's a Windows update  service component. With it stopped you won't get windows updates. I wouldn't remove it.
What kind of problem is it causing? Is it waking your computer up from sleep mode?  I had that problem for a while, didn't really care and it went away with a recent update. 

When I've had  problems with windows 10 I couldn't fix,  I've had good luck going to the microsoft  windows 10 help page and let their virtual help agent  run, then  ask to speak to a live person.  They have  microsoft techs that'll  log into your computer and  fix it.
  I tell them the problem has been happening since the last update and they say my warranty covers it so no charge. Don't know where the warranty came from, but as long as they say no charge, I've let them log in.  The downside is  that it takes about an hour altogether between the 10 minutes with the virtual help thing, then text chatting with the live tech,  then waiting for that tech to  fix it.       

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.