Having an issue

Started by _AH_Bear, December 28, 2020, 08:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Bear

BBQ.. im not very techy.. but it just never goes into sleep mode or turn off the monitor.. i can just click it to sleep if i need to

_AH_BBQhead

Right now I have no idea what  problem you're having, only that the mousocore is causing an issue. If you're able to explain what the issue is they'll be able to help you.   The microsoft virtual  help agent is pretty easy to use.  It'll walk you through some trouble shooting steps and ask after each step if that fixed it and at the end, when it's still not fixed, you can text or click on "speak to a live person". and it'll connect you to a tech you can text with. If you're able to explain what problem you're having, they'll remote into your computer and try to fix it.   
I've used that method three times since windows 10 came out.. first two they fixed by remoting in. Third time the guy remoted in, but was stumped and sent me a windows 10 install disc.  Never asked for any money. I think mostly because I always told  them the problem started after the last update.   
  I think the last time i used it, I didn't even try the steps the virtual assistant  program told me to try.. I just answered yes, i did that step, and no each time it asked if that step fixed it, then got connected to a live tech.      Here's a link to the virtual agent.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contact/virtual-agent/?flowId=smc-contactus&partnerId=smc&referrer=support.microsoft.com

If that doesn't work try this one: https://support.microsoft.com/contactus   then click on  "Open Get Help app"   it should take you to the virtual assistant.  That's the first step of getting a live tech to remote in for free.     

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Bear

Ive stated the issue here several times.. things are set for the computer to go to sleep and the monitor to shut off after 10 minutes.. this doesnt happen anymore..

_AH_BBQhead

Try this:

Go to:  Start, Settings, Update and Security, View optional updates, Windows Updates,  Uncheck Feature update to Windows 10. 

You'll still get security updates, but not the feature updates, and  should fix your problem.
you'll want to remember to return there  once in a while to check for driver updates. 

(They made the feature and driver updates optional because those are the updates that cause a lot of problems when Windows updates run.)   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_Bear

I went there and it was already unchecked

_AH_BBQhead

Don't know what else to try, except the "Get help"  feature embedded in Windows 10.. It's the same app that I posted links to earlier, the online virtual assistant.  The problem I was having was very similar, but I've always had my auto sleep set to never.  I'd click on sleep and very often it would wake itself up at random times. Sometimes  almost right away, other times it might sleep for hours.  It fixed itself a couple months ago.  I'm guessing it was a regular, not optional Windows update.
that fixed my problem. Seems like an easy enough fix to not use auto sleep, but if you need auto sleep, the virtual assistant, then letting a microsoft tech log in to fix it is probably the fastest way to get it done.                     

I'm currently showing: Windows 10 Home
                                     Version: 2004
                                     OS build 19041.685
Experience                    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Info above is from the Windows Update window you get to after Clicking Start,  Settings, Update & Security, Windows Update, and scrolling down to Related links and clicking on  "OS build info", then Scrolling down to Windows specifications.  You can scroll down further from there and click on "Get Help" to launch the Virtual Assistant if you want.  If not, then I'd make a Back up, then start looking for driver updates,   then, as a near last resort, running a windows repair,  and as a  last resort, then  BIOS updates, but only update the BIOS if the update specifically mentions  fixing the problem you're having.