Author Topic: Hot patch for BOX  (Read 78 times)

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • BOX? DON'T BE SCARED!
Hot patch for BOX
« on: August 20, 2021, 12:34:15 AM »

1CGS
Featured Comment
Posted yesterday at 05:15 AM
4.603b hotfix released:
Fixed a GUI freeze when launching a Quick Mission for users who have only Tank Crew or Flying Circus;
Added missing map "Lapino Autumn" for users who have only Tank Crew;
Fixed a problem with repeated cocking of Lewis machine guns when starting a mission with unlimited ammo option enabled;
Typhoon: an inaccuracy in the location of the fuel mass has been corrected, which led to an incorrect small additional roll during G-load;
A ship bow, submarine periscope and torpedoes leave more visible wakes;
Fixed a problem with the Airco D.H.4 and Bristol Fighter bombsights when using VR devices;
Bf 109 G-6 Late: drop tank can't be selected in loadout (drop tanks will be available when we release the new fuel systems);
P-38: fixed a graphic bug with brake flaps not disappearing after wing detachment;
Spitfire Mk.XIV: removed the white line on the gunsight lens;
Padlock camera: fixed switching to third-person view when jumping out of the plane with the padlock camera turned on;
Padlock camera works if external views are disabled in the difficulty settings;
Player controllable anti-aircraft guns: a first ammo clip will be correctly reloaded with unlimited ammo option turned on;
Sounds of objects falling on the ground and water were improved;
Fixed the bomb load of the player's flight in the 2nd scenario of the Steel Birds campaign.
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • BOX? DON'T BE SCARED!
Re: Hot patch for BOX
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 12:34:57 AM »
For Pony Drives nothing worth mentioning…

Maybe Fragg and the fix on the 38
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_JimDandy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 02:29:28 AM »
During World War II the P38 was the most feared aircraft by the Germans. It got its name the Forked Devil.
Test pilots have said that no other plane during wwII was its equal.  Thanks for info Wood.  (wavey)

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • BOX? DON'T BE SCARED!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 06:19:11 AM »
I hear you JimDandy,

She is a fun plane to fly.
These next few comments will more than likely get a few people’s feathers roughed up.  Sorry Hogan…

I have read through various publications that the 8th Air Force was not that keen on the 38.
Of the 15 Fighter Groups in the 8th Air Force, all transitioned into the P-51 by wars end, with only the 56th staying with the P-47.

The P-38 as capable as it was was too expensive to build and very complex to fly.

THE PRICE OF VICTORY (Aircraft cost each)
B-17  $204,370   P-40  $44,892
B-24  $215,516   P-47  $85,578
B-25  $142,194   P-51  $51,572
B-26  $192,426   C-47  $88,574
B-29  $605,360   PT-17  $15,052
P-38  $97,147   AT-6  $22,952

They could build nearly two P-51s for every one P-38

If you are into Military history a great collection of books is the American Eagle Series by Roger Freeman.
It covers the Spitfire (volunteers in early war), P-38, P-47 and P-51.
A fair amount focuses of paint schemes for each Fighter Group for each particular plane. Lots of photos.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the sound of the turbos on the P-38 and she can carry a cr*p load of bombs, but from a “win the war mentality,
I can see why they went with the P-51.
In Box the Pony is a great all around fighter.

Happy to wing your 38 when you fly on-line soon…

S!
Wood

Offline _AH_JimDandy

• Aces High Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 05:27:52 PM »
Totally agree Wood. The pony is a beast for sure.
I am kinda Bias to the P38 for many reasons. I agree I love the sound of those 1700 HP Allison engines.
For me those 4 50 cal in the nose and that 1 20mm Cannon with no conversion is my taste.
Its a monster on BnZ as well. But your right its all on how you fly it.
So for me just focusing on all the traits and characteristics of the Forked Devil  hopefully
I can become very proficient in the old girl.  (wavey)

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • BOX? DON'T BE SCARED!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 06:09:17 PM »

No convergence is a Key to gunnery for sure and it can out climb any 109 in a spiral climb.
With the right amount of flaps she can turn very well.

In BOX, the 38 just seems like a Axis Magnet. They hunt you down like a baby seal. A few cannon rounds in ya, and you are flopping all over.

It would be fun to get You and Frag and maybe Hogan (hint hint) on-line and have some fun. With a few of us as cover (Bear, Shrt, Jack, Twenty) we can ensure you guys make it home.

S!

Woody