Author Topic: Great Battles and Clouds  (Read 51 times)

Offline _AH_Hollywood

• Global Moderator
  • BOX? DON'T BE SCARED!
Great Battles and Clouds
« on: October 08, 2021, 05:23:03 PM »
For those who care:

New dev dairy on clouds for GB with video:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?do=findComment&comment=1129951

Old Clouds vs. New Clouds Video

Work on our new cloud technology continues at a rapid pace. So much so that we can now show you a comparison of how the old clouds and new clouds compare when rendered in the engine. This video demonstrates just how powerful the new cloud tech is and its potential. We can now offer A LOT more cloud cover and not smash the framerate that you are accustomed to. Early testing points to a net gain in framerate even with exponentially more cloud particles and shapes in the scene. The video is a direct comparison of the same track and was originally captured in 4K and reduced to 2k thanks to Jason’s outdated movie editing software. The mission that was flown in the video was an 8 vs. 8 QMB mission on the Rhineland Map with all ground objects like vehicles, flak, trains and ships enabled. The cloud cover in the New Clouds portion is considered “heavy”. The Old Clouds portion is considered just your average ‘cloudy’ preset.

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

Offline _AH_JimDandy

• Aces High Member
Re: Great Battles and Clouds
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 09:23:07 PM »
That is pretty impressive, just when you think it can't get any better.  :cool:

Offline _AH_Bear

• Global Moderator
  • R.I.P. August Never Forgotten
Re: Great Battles and Clouds
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 05:44:05 PM »
That is pretty impressive, just when you think it can't get any better.  :cool:

well you should break outta that shell and come join us online :happy-112: