Putting multi-runways

Started by _AH_BigChief, August 30, 2008, 05:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BigChief

I must be brain dead. I've asked Johnny and a few other's about putting multiple runways on maps. I have yet to figure it out. If someone has a map that they would want to share in helping me or advise it would be great. I know there is a way of putting the aircraft into different spawn points but I just cant figure it out.........  :help2: .....lol

_AH_Johnny

We can get together again if you wish or I can send you one of my missions that uses this feature.

S`
...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

DealnDave

S~ All,

BigChief, you can install runways using the "test runway's 1, 2, 3, 4" found under the "stationary ships" when you have the objects tab open in the full mission builder.  Open stationary ships, use the scroll bar on the right and pull the bar all the way to the bottom.  You'll see the four test runways listed.  A few notes about the runway's

Test #1 - Concrete with about a 3 foot drop-off on either side of the runway.

Test #2 - PSP with about a 3 foot drop-off on eirther side of the runway.

Test #3 - PSP with about a 1 foot drop-off on either side of the runway.

Test #4 - Invisiable with the same charateristics as Test #1.

Assigning aircraft to take off, you'll use the same meathod when assigning aircraft to a carrier.  Place your first way point very near the runway, assign take-off, the mission builder will locate the take-off point near the end of the runway, use the "set" button located under the way-point tab and left click the mouse on the runway icon.  You'll use the same process to set the landing, but using the landing function.  Verify your take-off heading when you test the mission.  If your heading is in the opposite direction your looking for simply click on the runway heading and usinh your number pad arrow keys, turn the runway 180 degrees around.

As far as setting multipule runways...line them up side by side or you can also cris-cross them.  A word of caution....verify the land mass (ground) where you want to put the runways for levelness.  If you place a runway with any elevation or depression and an aircraft attempts to exist the runway at that point, the plane will crash.  So make sure your ground is level.

Last note:  When using Test runway #4, I always use test runway #3 to set up the area and takeoff direction, once I'm satisfied with what I'm looking for, I then change that runway to test runway #4.

Hope this helps   :cool:  S~

_AH_Twisted

I'd like to try and get someone on Coms someday who's pretty good at building mission\coops. For me it's much easier to ask some quick questions than try and type everything out, not to mention a bit faster  (kooky).

So if someone has some spare time during the day and like to help out let me know.

~S~

_AH_Deviant

There is a method by using a mission builder mod. However, if you use this, anyone without the mod CANNOT edit it. Yes, anyone can play without it, but to edit, you must have the mod.

I'll give you the link if you're interested, but essentially you can place actual runways similar to the map based ones.

EDIT - OLD thread, but it's a good note nevertheless for anyone else trying to do this.