Need help in lowering fps.... general settings in the conf.ini file...

Started by _AH_Moby, August 31, 2008, 06:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

i get that bad water thing, too...ever since we went to 409...  i have always seen error messages when i look at that white text.. can't find chunk.. house without a collision,  a bunch of others.. they don't really seem to interfere with anything.. and no matter how many times i install the game or change the settings they are always there..

as for frames..  a lot of it depends on resolution... and of course your  video options within the game.

Duff4r posted his video settings from his config.ini somewhere around here..   interestingly.. my settings were exactly what he had except for two.. water and effects..  try setting your water to one and effects to two in the config ini..  and see how that does for ya.. 

to see what's working and what's not.. try playing the black death track and note your frame rate.. then make a change, run the black death track again..  and see if it's better or worse.. it's 'the' track for testing video settings.. gives you a consistent reference to work from.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.