Fix for Ventrilo

Started by _AH_Olds, September 07, 2008, 12:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Olds

I think I may have found the fix for the problem I had with Vent last night. I was going through the setup, with the default windows recording controls up, and was trying to figure out why the box would become unchecked when you brought up vent, or would be in the middle and quit. In the hardware mixer tab, if the line input was set to mic, the box would be checked, but when I switched to something else, that box would become checked instead of the mic. Apparently, that has to be set on mic all the time in order to work, which I didn't  :idiot-0011: Hopefully, this problem is solved. Now to figure out the onboard sound, or get a card.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Duff4r

ON board sound??  Is it enabled in the BIOS?  Did you load the CD that came with the MoBo and install the drivers??

GL,
Duff

_AH_Olds

Duff, got it figured out. I was using the testing provided in the Sound Manager, and it would show that it had a dead spot. After working with it for awhile, I figured out how to get it to work. I think I may have not had the plugs seated fully...reseated them first. The program showed them connected correctly. I then switched from digital to quad on the speakers. When I switched to quad mode, it worked! I tested it in the game, and with some music, and it sounds good. It rocks! I can still use quad or digital, but the quad has more bass (good rumble when you're in the cockpit). Think I'm finally getting things lined out.

BTW, do you use the "audio enhancements and hardware acceleration" setting? It doesn't seem to work very well, or at least I've never gotten it to work.I lose the sound when out of the cockpit.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Duff4r

I use extensions enabled.  Be sure that in-game you have 44100 selected then either 16 or 32 for the sounds.

S~
D