Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   This is really funny.

2nd Annual Kick Archie In The Nuts And Run Away Day.   :lol    :lol    :lol
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Lippy

:lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  ~S~ TD  :drinking-43:

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_DarkWolf

More canadian aircrew...

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   2000th sorte. That is one sorte per day for 5 1/2 years for that plane??? Or does it mean the 2000 th for that squadren? Either way...that is a lot of flying and being shot at every day.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

That would be for the whole of 424 Squadron, TD. The RAF musuem in england has a lancaster on display that flew 137 missions, I don't know if that was the record or just really high.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

Not an air racer.

DW

_AH_Lippy

Maybe so DW but it was all of the dollar I paid Ghost to paint it.  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

_AH_DarkWolf

_AH_Autorotate

some really neat articles on this site, been cruising through it for a while now. (on page 22)
http://thesciencebookstore.com/category/militaria/page/22/

"Not a Display of Toys", shows
only one section of a large airfield "in Europe" (actually in U.S.-administered
Munich). There's about 300 B-17's (e?) parked wingtip
to wingtip, off duty now from the fight in Europe, but (as the caption says)
prepared for a fight in Japan. I don't think anyone in high command had any
doubt that these planes had seen their last action. The atom bomb worked, and would work again
(and again, and more so if necessary), and the fear that these planes would make
their way East was not a real concern. This photo represents about 7% of the highest number of B-17's in service in Europe at any given time.

_AH_Lippy

When we put our minds too it, it is amazing the devistation that we dream up. Too think I work on the deadlest of all those combined dreams.  :unhappy-059:

_AH_Autorotate

the blue angels throughout the years.
great painting but it would be really impressive to see this formation for real.

_AH_Autorotate

one more cool find for today. spitfire beer!

"During the war, the Heneger and Constable brewery donated free beer to the troops. After D-Day, supplying the invasion troops in Normandy with vital supplies was already a challenge. The Spitfire Mk IX could be modified to carry beer kegs. If the Spitfire flew high enough, the cold air at altitude would even refresh the beer, making it ready for consumption upon arrival."

_AH_Col._Hogan

God bless the spitfire!

S!

_AH_Col._Hogan

Great shot from the 50's in Vegas, Jugs and twin 51's

S!