Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Autorotate

USS Ranger (CV-4)
On 3 January 1944, Ranger became a training carrier out of Quonset Point, Rhode Island. This duty was interrupted on 20 April when she steamed to Staten Island, New York to take on 76 Lockheed P-38 Lightning fighters—together with Army, Navy, and French Navy personnel—for transportation to Casablanca. Steaming out on 24 April, she arrived at Casablanca on 4 May. The new aircraft were replaced with damaged U.S. Army aircraft marked for repair in the U.S., while military passengers were embarked for the return to New York City.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Cool pix and info. 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Yup, you can tell they are French sailors. They are already laying down and surrendering.

_AH_z5o

Hell ya I know that boat oh to well. That's the USS Nautilus SSN-571. The US Navy First nuclear powered submarine. Her keel was laid on June 14 1952 and was launched January 21, 1954 from General Dynamics (Electric Boat) Division Groton Connecticut and commissioned Sept 30 1954. Later to be Decommissioned March 3 1980. She is currently permanently moored and on display just out side main gates of the Gorton Navel Submarine Base/School Groton Connecticut. She was the brain child of Admiral Hyman G Rickover, the name sake of my boat USS Hyman G Rickover SSN-709. Among other distinctions and awards. She was credited with laying the way for our current Nuclear Navy.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Lippy

Correct and that Message is the most Famous of Naval messages, and the CO ordered it shortened but the radioman lined out the time underway. I thought you might enjoy it, My new Sup is a RMCM and a COB. That is his screen saver, asked if he would send it to me so I could show ya. So the 709 you know is no more she has been cut up. I asked if I could get a piece of the hull and they didnt just say no they said hell no. Thickness is the issue bro I couldnt just mail it to ya. But some things are now declassed.

_AH_z5o

ROFLOL, I figured that. Oh well. Thanks

_AH_z5o

My first build
Dji Naza S500 UAV

Installing the FC/MC Flight Controller/Main Controller

Got my Transmitter and Receiver in the mail.

Installing the Receiver.

Installing the ESC,(Electronic Speed Controllers)

Trying to make it all fit.

Now just waiting on the motors to get here.

I'm going to install an FPV camera setup with OSD(On Screen Display). Just got to pull all the peace's together first.
I also have a 2 axes gimbal on the way as well for my GoPro3+ which will be mounted under the nose of the UAV.
It is equipped with
-Inner damping controls
-3-axis gyroscope
-3-axis accelerometer
-barometer
-GPS
-Advanced attitude stabilize algorithm
-Multi-flight control mode/intelligent switching
-Intelligent Orientation Control(IOC)
-Built-in gimbal stabilization function

Current Parts list,, so far:

(Just to get it in the Air)
-S500 Airframe
-DJi Naza-M Lite MC
-DJi Naza-M Lite LED
-DJi Naza-M Lite PMU
-M8N GPS for Naza
-Futaba T8J Transmitter
-Futaba R2008SB 8ch +S.Bus Receaiver
-4x SimonK 30Amp ESC's
-4x SunnySky 2216-11 900kv Brushless Motors
-Multistar 11.1volt High Capacity 3S 4000mAh Multi-Rotor lipo battery pack.

(PAYLOAD)
-CNC FPV BGC 2 axis gimbal with Controller
-GoPro 3+ Silver
-Unspecified FVP system(not yet purchased)

It Features:
-Advance stability control
-GPS Lock
-Attitude Lock
-Home Lock
-Altitude Hold
-Autopilot, Return to Home and Land
-2 Safe Modes (Auto Return to Home and land and Land)
-Motor Arm and Dis-Arm

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Kinda fancy lookin'.      Good luck getting it all together, Z.  Should be pretty fun to play with once it's flying.

Don't forget the new rules.. From what I read the estimated cost of getting a certificate is $150.  Estimated revenue, or benefit as they like to call it,  is anywhere from $770 million to $9 Billion.  After an hour or so of reading I came across a place where they did mention waivers and exemptions for recreational/ hobbyist use - so maybe not everybody needs a certificate.       

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   My friend had over 2 grand in his.  Checked everything out before first flight. At 300 feet one of the props flew off and it crashed and caught fire...the battery burst into flame. Tightened 3 blades but not enoghe on the 4th. We all cried.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_z5o

That thought keeps me up at night TD

Ya BB, I think I don't have to worry about that, yet. BUT, I don't want to move in to the commercial end of it. Its a big wide open market right now with a ton of potential.
It would be nice to take something I enjoy doing and turn it in to something I could make a living off of,,, for once.

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   If I am remembering rightly the FFA ruled that one would have to have a special exemption issued from the FAA to 'CHARGE' for any pictures/video taken from a drone.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_z5o

Got my last motor in today. Wish I felt like wiring it in, but, I was down all day. Now I just waiting on a charger and gimbal. After that, programming, bench testing, tethered flight testing and if all goes well. Flight Testing

TD, so far. Without camera added in to cost because I already own one.
So far it has cost me $546 without camera. With it. $946 and change. But, Ive got the best you can get when it came to parts. All top rated and brand named.

_AH_Autorotate

experimental 6-barrel remotely-controlled turret on b-17g, tail number 42-31435 SU-S, "WEST END", flying with the 384th bomb group, 1944.
:drinking-43: :drinking-42:

_AH_DarkWolf

Huh, thats wierd. Judging by the lack of success of the YB-40 its probobly not surprising it did'nt go anywhere. More guns are'nt always the answer, unless you are stroffing I suppose.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill