Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

Look what I found in an old box of software. I forgot I even had this. Now all I need is the box and all the paperwork. I don't think its the 1946 version, but still. Wonder if it will run on Win10.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_DarkWolf

It's not 1946, it does'nt look like its even Forgotten Battles. It looks like the original IL-2 game that predates this one?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Lippy

That Z is IL2 Sturmovik the very first to come out it came out in later part of 2000, I think for Christmas 2000. I have the same CD. It basically is the IL2 against 109's. About 6-9 months later Forgotten Battles came out in 2001. I may be off a bit on the dates this is from memory only.  :surprised-027:

_AH_Autorotate

May be my all time favorite nose art, and some history on it.

P-51D-20 - Serial 44-63289 - "Is This trip necessary?" - 72nd Fighter Squadron, 21st Group - Iwo Jima - April 11th 1945.

May 28th 1945 - LT Earl D. Crutchfield the 21st FG gets sideways in P-51D serial 44-63289 "Is This Trip Necessary?" upon return from a very long range mission to Tokyo. The aircraft was repaired and returned to service, only to suffer the same sort of mishap months later in the hands of LT Dale F. Meyers.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Yep.. Good pix, Auto.  I like the name.

Quote from: _AH_Archie on April 15, 2017, 12:55:44 PM
Going to be 70 degrees in Wisconsin today.  That can mean only one thing

~S~ and enjoy

If they're puttin' on Flip Flops then  Summer's Coming! - and you know what that means 

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Jack

These photos help me to diet.

_AH_Lippy

You guys are scaring the hell out of me and that aint easy  :help-sos-sos-29402:

_AH_DarkWolf

You guys just need to make skins for BB, you start to build up an imunity to this sort of thing.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

AH_DealnDave

S~ All,

Thought I would share a couple of photos that I found a couple of weeks ago. 

Chuck Yeager (11.5 aerial victories WWII), Bud Anderson (16.5 aerial victories WWII), and me 

Gunther Rall (Luftwaffe JG-52, 275 aerial victories, 80% on eastern front) and me 

These pic's were taken at an airshow near Detroit, Michigan.  After the airshow, the organizer's put on a dinner and the three of them were the special guests.  I was able to speak with them about their experience's during their flying days.  If you look in the background you'll see a P-51 parked near the hanger doors.  That P-51 is "Glamorous Glen III", flown by Chuck Yeager while assigned to the 357th FG in WWII.

The real treat was when the folks were filing out, my father (Ed), uncle (Addison), and I were talking with an elderly gentleman at the wing tip of that plane.  An African American, 80'sh.  We were talking airplanes when he looked at me and asked, "Are you an aircraft mechanic?"  I said, "Yes Sir, I was in the Army and was trained as a helicopter mechanic."  He looked at me and said, "I was trained as an aircraft mech as well by the Army, I was then shipped off to Italy to serve with the 99th FS, 332nd FG."  That floored me as I was speaking with a Tuskegee airman face to face.

Just then Bud Anderson, Chuck Yeager, Gunther Rall, and another shorter gentleman walk up to our conversation.  Chuck looked at the man and asked, "Mike how you doing? Are you giving this young man the once over about the plane?" Mike said, "Hi, Chuck, yeah this kid is an Army aircraft mech too." At this point I felt somewhat embarrassed.  Mike then said to me, "would you like to get in the plane?" Of course I said "YES".

Mike then looked at the shorter man, he was wearing a straw hat, and asked, "Jack, how about letting the kid sit in your plane."  The man said, "Sure if he can open it up."  I climbed on the left wing, popped open the canopy handle and climbed in.  Next thing you know Chuck and Bud were on either side of me standing on the wings giving a personal once over of the cockpit.  I couldn't believe what had just happened.

I climbed out of the cockpit and shook everyone's hand, thanked them all for an awesome day.  As my dad, uncle and I walked away heading back to our car, my Dad said, " Do you know who that man was in the straw hat is?"  I said, "nope".  He said, "that's Jack Rouch."  At the time I still didn't know who he was, later I found out he's the Owner/Operator of Rouch Racing (NASCAR). 
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Twenty

_AH_Lippy

Unbelievable man a day of a life time. And Gunther Rahl (is it Rall or Rahl not sure) to boot. Dave you sound very young on comms I was surprised at the photo not what I expected, but I should have the way you speak and your respect of everyone very mature. Incredible story. Jack lost an eye in a landing crash about 5 years ago. He crashed his lear Jet I believe comming to a race. Jack has done well for himself in Nascar. Though I think he only has two cars in Monster Energy and 2 or 3 in Exfinity.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Yep, That's one heck of a day.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_DarkWolf

What are those? Hellcat target drones?

DW