Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Gonzo

Sad, very sad. Hopefully they can get those 2 nuclear reactors under control and keep things from getting worse.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Nimble

thats a pretty bird Gonzo.....flew in an S-2 when i was in the service....was really a fun ride....but old fashioned compared to this one

_AH_Autorotate

:help-sos-sos-29402:

_AH_Boosher

Yikes Auto, that's a pretty grisly crash. I don't doubt no-one got out of that alive.

_AH_z5o

Just goes to show that, skip bombing isnt as easy as it looks.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Holy skip-bomb Bat Man.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_DarkWolf

What is that? An A-20?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

Hey, it's you and me. hello!
This is the view from the Messenger spacecraft orbiting Mercury, the first craft to do so since 74'-75'.
Taken from ~114 million miles away which is further than the average distance from the Earth to the Sun.

_AH_z5o

WOW, everytime I see a pix like this, it make me realize just how small we all really are in the big picture. Also makes me wonder where I left the keys to my Starship.
<----Starts humming the the theme to Star Trek

_AH_Autorotate

we've only dipped our toes. distances become enormous. to the point where due to the human life span they become 1 way trips, and not nice ones. blast off!  :drinking-43:

_AH_BBQhead

S~

It's so big it's almost impossible to imagine.  

The milky way alone is about 100,000 light years across.  Which begs the question how far does light travel ( in a vacuum)  in a year?   Almost 6 trillion miles.

Here's a pretty cool little video that compares the size of Earth to some other celestial objects that are in space.

Star Size Comparison HD

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

Foxbat

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_z5o

look, hes poking that tribble with a stick