Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Autorotate

DOH.
:happy-026: :help-sos-sos-29402:

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Prop and thanks for the info. 'cause I watched it over and over trying to think of what controls would be used to do what was done and I could not think of any conbination that would produce what he did.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Gonzo

Quote~S~ In my 25 years of flying airplanes and been almost every place and seen almost every thing that pilot who lost a complete wing and still landed safely is the most amazing flying I have ever seen.

From TD

Sorry TD, but that's CGI... FAKE :(

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Prop

Quote from: _AH_Lippy on May 13, 2011, 11:52:36 PM
Prop how can you tell its a fake

Look at the smoke trail, and the propeller when the engine stops. Completely unnatural. I think part of the footage was taken from an R/C competition.

Here's a link that proves it ain't real.
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/one-wing-plane-landing-video.shtml

And a making of video. It's in German.

Making-Of the Killa Thrill 'One Wing Landing' Viral Video

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_DarkWolf

Sheisse Helmut! Das goderverdamt sheepenhausen!!!

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

Hogan I am probably one of the most gullible people you will meet. I am very honest and so trusting. I am known to believe the BS that some spread in the Yard where I work. It was a ongoing joke. I try to trust to much in what people say. Oh well no matter doesn't change things. ~S~

_AH_Col._Hogan

No Worries Lippers, if ya haven't seen it on CNN it's most likely a fake.

S!

_AH_Autorotate

woo get out!  (kooky)

_AH_Prop

_AH_z5o

hmpht, thats the frist time Ive ever seen an aircraft eatting,,what the ____ are thoses anyways? They dont look like any cows from Kentucky,
maybe Ohio, but not from Kentucky
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Twenty

_AH_Lippy

_AH_Autorotate

http://theaviationanorak.blogspot.com/2011/04/wiking-was-initially-developed-for.html

The Blohm & Voss BV 222 Wiking (Viking) was a large, six-engined German flying boat of World War II, and the largest flying boat to achieve operational status during the war.Prior to World War II, the German airline Deutsche Lufthansa had carried out many transatlantic mail flights. However, their main interest was passenger transport, and they initiated a program in 1936 that culminated in an order for three BV 222 flying boats designed by Richard Vogt.

Construction of the first prototype, V1, began in January 1938, with construction of the V2 and V3 following within weeks. V1 made its test flight on 7 September 1940, carrying the civil registration D-ANTE. During trials it demonstrated that it could carry up to 92 passengers, or 72 patients on stretchers over short distances at a maximum speed of 239 mph (385 km/h).[1] The flight characteristics were found to be satisfactory, but with some improvements required. Further trials lasted until December 1940, when the V1 passed into Luftwaffe service, receiving a military paint scheme and the registration CC+EQ (later X4+AH).

The type was noted for a long flat floor inside the cabin and a large square cargo door aft of the wing on the starboard side. The flat floor was a welcome novelty for that era. Only thirteen aircraft were thought to have been completed.

Originally powered by Bramo 323 Fafnir radial engines, later aircraft were powered by six 1,000 hp Jumo 207C inline two-stroke diesel engines. The use of diesels permitted refueling at sea by U-boats. C-13 aircraft was a sole example fitted with Jumo 205C and later Jumo 205D engines.

ended up being ours, then we gave it to the brits.

more info
Blohm & Voss BV 222