Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Autorotate

I'm sure you've all seen this A-26 picture before, but this ones quite a good resolution compared to the others I've seen. such bad damage it knocked the landing gear down.
I still wonder to this day why this aircraft is not in the game :( i quite like it.

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah the B-26 was so widely used in the ETO, would be cool.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Prop

It could hang with a Mustang speedwise too, albeit not top speed.

_AH_Boosher

Only reason it's not in game is because someone hasn't made it yet. Who's willing to give it a shot?

_AH_DarkWolf

I thought I saw a thread somewhere where someone had starting working on one but work kinda trailed off on it. Too bad.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

well here's what the marauder crew thinks about that...

looks like the windshield is cracked...  (kooky) (kooky)

_AH_DarkWolf

That's a different aircraft, the first picture is a B-26 Marauder while the second is an A-26 Invader.

DW

_AH_Johnny

My father flew, among other aircraft, the B-26 in combat during the war, and he recalled they could outrun the 51's due to a water system that could cool the engines down thus enabling the 26 to maintain high rpms longer than the 51's could.

S`
...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on June 29, 2011, 09:37:52 PM
That's a different aircraft, the first picture is a B-26 Marauder while the second is an A-26 Invader.

DW

well if you wanna nitpick DW, its actually a B-26 Invader. after 48 they re designated it from A to B, that's when the confusion started.

either way, cool aircraft i wish we had in game.

_AH_DarkWolf

After '48? Good lord! Nuts to anything after '45!

DW

_AH_Nimble

Johnny should get his dad to tell us some combat stories eh???? that would be soooooo cooooool

_AH_Autorotate

A US Navy Corsair crashing after take off from USS Boxer.

_AH_DarkWolf

My brother sent me this, funny that they'd use a spitfire on the label. If SKAT drank canadian beer, this would be the one.

DW

_AH_Prop

DeeDub, don't look.......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aaantoine/5894891635/#in/set-72157627100683798/

It's a series of photos of a Seafire that had to belly in. Looks like they'll probably be able to fix it up.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Sad to see, nice job though on savin most of her.

S!