Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

Where and when did that happen?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Prop

I think it was in France maybe July 1st or 2nd

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_z5o

Wow, I wonder if they made it down ok.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_DarkWolf

I tried searching around for TBF avenger and Bennington, found these :

"A TBM-3 Avenger from Torpedo Squadron Eighty-Two (VT-82), flying from USS Bennington (CV-20), in flight in the South Pacific area. The aircraft was damaged when the plane flying above it in formation was hit by anti-aircraft fire and fell on top of it. (U.S. Navy photo)"

In Osprey's TBF/TBM Avenger units of World War 2 there is a color plate of this aircraft, the description for it reads :

"TBM-3 White 113 of VT-82, USS Bennington (CV-20) February 1945

This Avenger was subject of one of the most dramatic aircraft photos of World War 2. Heavy flak damage resulted in the loss of nearly half the port wing, in addition to a five-foot section of the fuselage decking immediately aft of the turret. However, the VT-82 pilot skilfully retained control of his doomed TBM long enough to make a successful water landing. Standard early 1945 colors and markings were gloss blue overall with Bennington 'Christmas Tree', or arrowhead, repeated on the upper starboard wing, overlapping the aileron."

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_z5o

Wow, Ill wonder no more, thanks DW

_AH_taldrg

~S~ In the days of unending valor.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_z5o

This is just wrong is so many ways

1 Ipod
1 hand full of money
1 AK47
1 someones rolling tray hanging from mouth as a sign that your "MOJO" is better than the last guys
and possably the worst BO anyone ever had, I know your asking, "You can smell him." Ask yourself, does he look like someone who worries about taking a bath?
-OR-
Could this be the guy your little angle is wanting to go to the prom with?

_AH_taldrg

~S~  Ya got it all wrong...that is a woman...the sea shells are her money...that in her hand is for ammo.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Boosher

A little fun from flying last night:

_AH_z5o

ok, meet the new daughter-in-law. Surprize!!!

_AH_DarkWolf

It's good to know you americans have a strong sense of history. Why look, they even preserved SKAT's old school bus!

DW

_AH_Autorotate

i bet you could do some wheelies in that bus.

on a side note, me and T.D. are starting a biker gang.. so look out!  :drinking-43:
look what I just got this week. :D

2011 triumph scrambler  (glasses) (glasses)

_AH_BBQhead

S~

ooooo.. shiiiineeee.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_z5o