Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Nimble

wow... I didnt know that triumph made a scrambler ....nice.... back in the old days they did....is it new? :drinking-43:

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_Nimble on July 09, 2011, 11:53:42 PM
wow... I didnt know that triumph made a scrambler ....nice.... back in the old days they did....is it new? :drinking-43:

Yea nimble, they started making them again back in 2006. Been wanting one ever since, i really dig the retro look, cant stand how the newer bikes all look. One heck of a bike too, been loving wvery mile. Kinda rare here too, not to many made it to the usa. I was orginally looking for a green one but i was told there were only 4 for sale in all of north america, so i settled on black. Eventually going to repaint it a silver/grey color.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Road trip!

Post modified by Gonzo ----- Just wanted to make sure that awesome looking bike shows up!

_AH_Prop

_AH_Prop

_AH_Autorotate

A mid-crash photo of this WWI replica as it hits a cornfield after experiencing an engine failure. Pilot was rescued and suffered no major injuries.

_AH_DarkWolf

It's not been a good couple months for warbirds, has it?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Gonzo

Looks like it's not the first time that little Fokker has been in trouble....

Thankfully it looks like very little damage was done.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Gonzo

Some pics from the accident that caused the loss of P-51 "Big Beautiful Doll"

This is her before the accident.

And some photos of it happening.

And finally what was left of the "Spad's" right wing after the accident. I've heard that that "Able Dog" could take a ton of punishment and keep on trucking, but I never expected that the loss of so much wing would still allow it to fly.

Foxbat

S~

Wow, what a shame. The pics seem to indicate pilot error as they were banking someone got too close.

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_z5o

~S~ Gang
I found this and thought you might like to see it. Its a news broadcast of  "National" Rainbow Gathering of the Tribes. Its the biggest gathering we have every year.
Sorry I couldnt post the video. I couldnt find a share link for that.
Hope you enjoy and hope it might shed a little light on the Rainbow Gathering and Rainbow Tribes
Zulu

http://www.kval.com/home/video/124396414.html

PS sorry about the add at the beginning. I guess theyve got to make alittle $$ aswell
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Gonzo

@ Foxbat,

From what I could see from the video, I think the accident was caused by the difference in the types of aircraft in the formation.

Here's my take on (For what very little it's worth...

When the formation flew past, the Sky Raider was on the left wing of the formation and the P-51 Big Beautiful Doll (BBD) was in the lead. During the "Run in and break" over the runway, BBD peeled off first. The standard "Break" part of the manuover is 30 degrees pitch up and 45 degrees bank (Resulting in about 2.5G that helps slow the aircraft to downwind speed) with the pilot closing the throttle about half way through the 180 degree turn that would place the aircraft on downwind. Also, it's usually the aircraft closest to the downwind side of the runway that peels off first (But NOT always).

In this case the pilot of BBD was the first to break with the pull looking very tame, probably to put less stress on the aircraft. When the SkyRaider broke, the pull looked more normal. This would put the SkyRaider inside of the P-51's turn.

To make matters worse, the SkyRaider is much heavier than the P-51. This means that it would have more kinetic energy and bleed speed at a much slower rate than the P-51. Another important factor is that a pilot usually goes "Heads down" in the cockpit to confirm things like bank, pitch and airspeed in the turn. When the pilot does go "Heads up" again, he's usually focused on the downwind because he's almost certain that the lead aircraft is well ahead of him.

All in all a recipe for disaster. I'm no expert, but I've been around the flag pole in formation enough times to know just how bad things can get in a very small amount of time.

In aviation, a really big problem just makes you sweat and usually doesn't kill you. A bunch of little problems however will send you to the ole 6x6 foot plot before you even know what happened.

_AH_Prop

That's one of the more sensible explanations I've seen of the accident Gonzo.  :cool:

_AH_Col._Hogan

Did we ever find out if the wing severed his control cables?