Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Prop

Couple of shots from my trip to the surrounding areas of Calgary, Alberta. Fell in love with the town of Banff, and the badlands were pretty cool as well.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Pretty cool?

Very cool.

_AH_Nimble

awesome pictures... always loved canada.... although most of what Ive seen of it is vancouver and vancouver island... still quite breathtaking :happy-112:

_AH_Bear

Nice.. i been there before a few times... Miette Hotsprings 100 miles north of Jasper is awesome..
Bear

_AH_Jack

BBQ and Gromit out  on the town.  Click on the picture for a larger view.

_AH_Autorotate

On 8th of May 1945 ,at the End of World War II, the US Air Force lost Airship Republic P-47D-25 Thunderbold at Lake Traunsee , Austria, after it had overflown the Concentration Camp of Ebensee, moving its wings as a sign of liberation. Shortly after that the airplane lost heigth and the airship touched the lake. The pilot succeeded in gaining heigth again, and jumped off the plane, before it crashed. The pilot survived so it was wellknown where the plane crashed.60 years later an American citizen was willing to pay the salvation charges. Now the airship is transferred to the United States of America to be restored there.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ I think you mean the 8th of May the war ended in EUROPE. It ended for me in the PACIFIC on 14th of August.

TD
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Come Auto, get your head in the game.......sheeesh.

_AH_DarkWolf

It's not in bad shape is it?  No markings seem to survive on it but the noseart seems intact, maybe the nose was in the mud?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on November 19, 2011, 04:28:14 PM
Come Auto, get your head in the game.......sheeesh.

i just copied and pasted the tid-bit from the site i found the photos. give me a break  (roll)

here's another cool photo that i dont know the date of. german aircraft trying to get in the air as british bombs fall on their airbase...

_AH_z5o

109's, on the deck!!!

Kewl pix, Thanks Auto
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Autorotate

A shame, no injuries though.. over ran the runway, went through a few fences...
www.aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=140303

_AH_Col._Hogan

Aww, we'll get her back.

S!

_AH_Autorotate

Apparently this is what happens when you land on a carrier that is not your home ship.   :drinking-43: :drinking-43:

_AH_DarkWolf

ROFL, I've heard TD mention that but it's the first time I've ever seen pictures of it.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill