Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

The new AI sight abilities (or deficiencies) are interesting. A pair of D-9s arrived late over the target area last night and overflew Jack and Twenty close enough that their tags were visible but did'nt see them. They did this twice a few minutes apart. Could have been skill level (they were average pilots) or maybe the darkness affected them?

Note to self : Make all pilots Aces.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

i've seen a lot of these diagrams in books, the internet, even my flight training literature.
the problem is they've all been drawn completely wrong & labeled with some mumbo jumbo like lift, thrust & something called drag...

so i thought i'd go ahead make one myself to let everyone know the real forces behind the miracle of flight.

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_DarkWolf

I wonder how that flak tower is supposed to work. Is it just an observation thing for directing flak or is it like a martello tower and the conical roof can fall off to reveal a gun position?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

no idea... it sure is a weird structure. you usually only see towers in areas surrounded by obstructions, this is at a wide open airfield... and why the pretty white fence?  :thinking-008:

_AH_Autorotate

haven't seen any screenshots on here in quite some time. so here ya go!

HQ flying high and tight during a white lightning.

aftermath of hogans bombing run during jack's alaskan mission.

_AH_Autorotate

i think their brakes were shot...  :drinking-43:
http://i.imgur.com/yEVUBbU.jpg

P-38 and a captured schwimmwagen.. (notice the new rudder)  :cool:
http://i.imgur.com/sIPdH8c.jpg

_AH_Col._Hogan

I can't see auto's pics!!!!

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on March 08, 2013, 04:06:24 AM
I can't see auto's pics!!!!

try again? i included the links if it's still SNAFU.

here's one more while i'm here...
http://i.imgur.com/mSL1VIL.jpg

_AH_Lippy

Should say welcome to the Island   :give-me-beer-0034:

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_Col._Hogan

Wow. That's more than a tip

S!

_AH_DarkWolf

You posted that one a couple years ago.

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on July 05, 2011, 11:35:03 PM
I tried searching around for TBF avenger and Bennington, found these :

"A TBM-3 Avenger from Torpedo Squadron Eighty-Two (VT-82), flying from USS Bennington (CV-20), in flight in the South Pacific area. The aircraft was damaged when the plane flying above it in formation was hit by anti-aircraft fire and fell on top of it. (U.S. Navy photo)"

In Osprey's TBF/TBM Avenger units of World War 2 there is a color plate of this aircraft, the description for it reads :

"TBM-3 White 113 of VT-82, USS Bennington (CV-20) February 1945

This Avenger was subject of one of the most dramatic aircraft photos of World War 2. Heavy flak damage resulted in the loss of nearly half the port wing, in addition to a five-foot section of the fuselage decking immediately aft of the turret. However, the VT-82 pilot skilfully retained control of his doomed TBM long enough to make a successful water landing. Standard early 1945 colors and markings were gloss blue overall with Bennington 'Christmas Tree', or arrowhead, repeated on the upper starboard wing, overlapping the aileron."

DW

_AH_DarkWolf

We're gonna try something different in the next White Lighting missions. Previously only aircraft 1-8 were starting on the ground, 9-20 were airstarts. The former looked like this on the runway :

4.11 adds some new waypoint options including one to takeoff in pairs or line abreast. These options also allow you to set exactly where on the runway the aircraft start, allowing you to eliminate wasted runway behind the last aircraft. So by using the pairs setting we can spawn all 20 kites on the runway with the lead pair actually a plane length behind where the tail end aircraft used to start, comme ca :

So all you airstart slackers better practice your takeoffs!

DW

_AH_Autorotate

good find, i was wondering about this but never looked into it.
i may have to re-do some missions i have in the works like this.

wasn't there another option to spawn planes in parking spaces? or was that just AI.
:drinking-43: