Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

Nice pic Turbo, looks like Woodstock can do some ice skating...

S!

_AH_Nimble

heres something you might be impressed with  a quad rotor radio control  killing machine...

http://www.military.com/video/guns/machine-guns/the-quadrotor-machine-gun/1581262590001/

_AH_z5o

This is my latest project. Im posting here hoping that one of you might beable to help find a gas tank mount for this. Ive got a tank that I can use with alittle refrebing, but, I cant seem to find a mount. The tank mount on the left hand top side of the engine. Ask around if you can. You should beable to find one on an older BnG engine.
Thanks and S!
Z
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Nimble

Hey Zulu... you should be able to fabricate a mount with some mild steel strapping and some rubber to take vibrations out..... u can bend it yourself  and drill it too without many tools

_AH_Olds

He's right, Zulu. You could use old gas tank straps from a car, and some pieces of innertube. Those would be strong enough to hold it.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_Lippy

Good oll 100 mph duct tape now there is the answer. :happy-112:

_AH_DarkWolf

Ah, good ole Red Green. "The handy man's secret weapon, duct tape!"

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

JimDandy

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on March 29, 2013, 04:34:28 PM
Ah, good ole Red Green. "The handy man's secret weapon, duct tape!"

DW
When we worked on certain Aircraft, we called it 100 mph tape, and you don't want to know what we used it on with aircraft either.  :surprised-027:

_AH_Lippy

Red duct tape is used in te Nuclear field, gray can be over looked if taped on gray paint or against metal. Red stands out more so you wont forget it is there. Radioactic particals and sticky surfaces are not a good thing.   :bomb-034:

_AH_Autorotate

some neat publications on this site i was browsing.
http://www.lonesentry.com/blog/

There are two general roles to follow in every case, regardless of the traffic pattern. Never forgot them:

1. Keep the pattern in close enough to the field and at sufficient altitude so you can bring your airplane in safely even with the power off, if necessary.

2. In preparing to peel off, don't come barreling in at excessive speed. The greater the speed, the longer it takes you to slow down. After you are cleared for peeloff by the tower, slow down to 200-225 IAS before actually peeling off.

Note to Pilots: This could be YOU!
Identify when Approaching Allied Ships!

GO AHEAD! Fly over one of our ships without identifying. Test the crew's quickness on recognition... if you want that plane you're flying punctured like a hunk of swiss cheese! Then, should you live to add up the count–you undoubtably won't!–you can flatter the AA crews on how accurate their lead is!

But it's saner and safer, to identify. Remember, AA crews are plenty yough and trained to shoot. If you approach Allied ships and leave them doubtful as to whether you're friend or foe, they won't ask too many questions, wait too long...

Don't expect crews to take chances. They've had ships blown from under them, seen shipmates machine-gunned to death because they were slow to act. And most of the unfortunate cases where friendly planes were shot out of the sky were the fault of pilots who failed to identify their planes as friendly.

So don't you take chances. Ships will challenge, but don't wait. It's the pilot's responsibility to identify first.

Ships will recognize, but don't stake your social security on it. They may not be sure, there may be clouds, enemy planes...

In the final analysis, it's that ship and its big complement against your plane and lonely little you. You're valuable, but you know which counts more with the Fleet!

:drinking-43:

_AH_DarkWolf

Ha, I love the flak trap one. Always like to put those in missions.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

_AH_Turbo

Planting, Has started on the Jett farm in Northeast Arkansas.
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Col._Hogan

Nice pic, planting Pheasant by any chance?

S!