Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_Col._Hogan

Caption should be, "Go Time".

S!

_AH_DarkWolf

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

Squadron Leader J A F MacLachlan, the one-armed Commanding Officer of No 1 Squadron RAF, standing beside his all-black Hawker Hurricane Mark IIC night fighter, 'JX-Q', at Tangmere, Sussex. MacLachlan flew bombers in France in 1940, but transferred to fighters in June 1940 and shot down 6 enemy aircraft during the Battle of Britain. He joined No. 261 Squadron RAF in Malta, as a flight commander, and was shot down in February 1941, as a result of which his left arm was amputated. He quickly returned to operations after being fitted with an artificial limb, flying with No. 73 Squadron in North Africa, but in July 1941 returned to the United Kingdom to take command of No. 1 Squadron. The Hurricane is sporting his personal emblem showing his amputated arm waving a 'V' sign. He was again shot down in 1943 and became a prisoner-of-war, by which time his score had risen to 16.5 victories.

:drinking-43:

_AH_Autorotate

just a pair of lovely P-51's over north carolina...

_AH_Col._Hogan

357th for the win!

S!

_AH_Autorotate

a before and after of some japanese midget subs stuck in a dry dock.

_AH_Autorotate

my backup turn & bank indicator.

_AH_Gonzo

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Col._Hogan

British model? Nose blisters?

S!

_AH_Autorotate

interesting picture, it was probably USAAF, we kept quite a few of them...
but it doesn't have the glass front which all the C's had, so it must be a G. but i thought the G's didn't keep those bumps...
maybe they didn't have the flat panels in stock to replace them or something.

here's another G with the bumps. maybe they had the 20mm's equipped... thats why the bump. and when they swapped to 50's after the first 250 were made they didn't need the extra room.

this pictures gun arrangement is even weirder.... must be some one off model, there were quite a few..... check the link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_A-20_Havoc

A-20C
    The A-20C was an attempt to develop a standard, international version of the DB-7/A-20/Boston, produced from 1941. It reverted to the slanting nose glass, and it had RF-2600-23 engines, self-sealing fuel tanks, and additional protective armor. These were equipped to carry an external 2,000 lb (907 kg) aerial torpedo. A total of 948 were built for Britain and the Soviet Union, but many were retained by the USAAF after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. The Soviet A-20s were often fitted out with turrets of indigenous design.[14]

A-20G
    The A-20G, delivered from February 1943, would be the most produced of all the series - 2850 were built. The glazed nose was replaced by a solid nose containing four 20 mm (.79 in) Hispano cannon and two .50 in M2 Browning machine guns making the aircraft slightly longer than previous versions. After the first batch of 250, the unreliable cannon were replaced by more machine guns. Some had a wider fuselage to accommodate a power driven gun turret. Many A-20Gs were delivered to the Soviet Union. The powerplant was the 1,600 hp (1,200 kW) R-2600-23. US A-20Gs were used on low-level sorties in the New Guinea theatre.

_AH_DarkWolf

I could dig a quad 20mm nosed A-20, this one has a neat rocket loadout too.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Autorotate

just some aircraft carrier mishaps throughout the years i found while bored googling...

_AH_Autorotate

Archie & BBQ sword fighting...  :thinking-008:

_AH_Autorotate

nose art!  :drinking-43: