Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Col._Hogan

In Honor of TD I went with the 3 blade Hamilton Standard,

S!

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_Autorotate

a japanese midget sub yard before and after a bombing...

_AH_DarkWolf

I have the feeling I've seen that before...

Quote from: _AH_Autorotate on June 10, 2013, 08:26:00 PM
a before and after of some japanese midget subs stuck in a dry dock.

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

I wasn't going to say anything DW, maybe he's getting old and forgetful.

S!

_AH_Autorotate

so what i'm going through some old photos!

well here's some p-47 & p-38 goodness i bet you've never seen!

a thunderbolt 12th air force flies low over the crumbled ruins of what once was hitler's retreat at berchtesgaden, germany.

skidding down a snowy runway this thunderbolt crashed into a another parked one, note the guy running for his life.

flipped over during take off on a muddy runway, pilot slightly injured and had to be dug out with live bombs still on the wings.

a quick set of a p-38 of the 339th fs 12th fg which crash landed at vella lavella in the solomons. was a result of a flak hit on the left engine and made it impossible for pilot lt. d.w. livsey (i think the guy with the chops in the second photo) from el cajon california to lower the gear upon landing. also note the nose art "SNAFU"

_AH_Col._Hogan

The ground crew looks pissed...

_AH_Autorotate

some cool ww2/aviation themed t-shirts for gifts or a gift for yourself!  :drinking-43:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/warbirdwear/portfolio?ref=carousel_portfolio

_AH_Archie

Since Christmas is right around the corner.  I wear a XL T-shirt

Maybe you can start a post on who is buying me what shirt.  I would not want to get 14 of the same color and design

Arch

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_Archie on October 03, 2013, 03:03:30 PM
Since Christmas is right around the corner.  I wear a XL T-shirt

Maybe you can start a post on who is buying me what shirt.  I would not want to get 14 of the same color and design

Arch

i'll start things off with this one for archie

_AH_Lippy

How about front and back that reads BRO CLUB  :lol

_AH_Lippy

I have an employee who is a history buff and absolutly loves the images and the idea of the video and the what haped today on the main page. We often get into conversation using these tools and he is impressed with accuracy of the info provided. I thought you guys might enjoy a "AT BOY" for all that you do. Keep up the good work.  :happy-112:

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Autorotate on October 03, 2013, 04:53:17 AM
skidding down a snowy runway this thunderbolt crashed into a another parked one, note the guy running for his life.

I think that there's a video of this, but maybe I'm wrong. I know there's one out there of a P-47 skidding off a runway, though a snowbank and smacking into parked P-47 engine to engine and barely missing some dudes near the parked one.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

Survivers from that horible train crash in Texas finaly make it home,

S!