Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Autorotate

well, i've just bought my first house this week, unfortunately it's inside a giant snow globe. none the less, i'm quite happy.
located in the quiet town of manchaug massachusetts, it was built in 1884, sits on ~2.5 acres with a small river in the back yard and built like a rock.
now i just need a new computer desk and a pellet stove to help warm this house up.

:drinking-43: ~S~ auto

_AH_Bear

Awesome... great looking old place eh ..

_AH_DarkWolf

Built in 1884? Dang.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

Congrats Auto very picturesque home.

My first house here in Washington was built in 1908 and I remodeled the down stairs found newspapers from the 50 in the walls.

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_Lippy on February 08, 2015, 04:49:25 AM
My first house here in Washington was built in 1908 and I remodeled the down stairs found newspapers from the 50 in the walls.

oh yeah, well i've got newspapers from the 40's in mine!  :drinking-42: :drinking-43:
http://i.imgur.com/tTp6Obk.jpg

_AH_Col._Hogan

Bra and Girdle sale?

Huba Huba.

Swell gams.

23 skidoo.

S!

_AH_z5o

Idlike to read more about what it says about the Blockade. But, other than that. Neat stuff.
Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Lippy

_AH_Jack

French Military History in a Nutshell
Gallic Wars: Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.
Hundred Years War: Mostly lost, saved at last by a female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare - "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchmen."
Italian Wars: Lost. France becomes the first and only country ever to lose two wars when fighting Italians.
Wars of Religion: France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots.
Thirty Years' War: France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.
War of Devolution: Tied; Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.
The Dutch War: Tied.
War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War: Lost, but claimed as a tie. Deluded Frogophiles the world over label the period as the height of French Military Power.
War of the Spanish Succession: Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved ever since.
American Revolution: In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare: "France only wins when America does most of the fighting".
French Revolution: Won, primarily due to the fact that the opponent was also French.
The Napoleonic Wars: Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.
The Franco-Prussian War: Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.
WWI: Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like not only to sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.
WWII: Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.
War in Indochina: Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with Dien Bien Flu.
Algerian Rebellion: Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a Western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare -"We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Eskimos.
War on Terrorism: France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe.

_AH_DarkWolf

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

Viva Le Soorennndorrr!!

S!

_AH_DarkWolf

_AH_Bear

_AH_Col._Hogan

Wow, that's beautiful.

S!