Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

That CF-18 is from 425 Squadron, which is based in Bagotville, Quebec. When 425 was formed during WWII it had mostly french canadian air and ground crews and was given the name "Les Alouettes".  An Alouette is a type of bird and there is a french song that goes "Alouette, gentile Alouette, Alouette je te plumerai" which became the squadron motto on their crest. It means "I will pluck you" I think.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

Whoops, they were'nt "Les Alouettes", just Alouettes.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

Stop plucking helpless birds!

_AH_Jack

Just look at the colors on that patch...all the colors of a rainbow!

_AH_Bear

What kinda rainbow Jack???

_AH_Autorotate

a formation of american a-20 havocs fly back after bombing point du hoc, normandy, france, in may, 1944.

_AH_Autorotate

The F-35 Lightning II, the P-38 Lightning and the F-22 Raptor – which was originally named "Lightning" – are all fighters made by mega-defense contractor Lockheed. And being a mega–contractor, it has mega history. Here are those three planes showcased under a sky set ablaze with fireworks. Taken at this years Experimental Aircraft Association AirVenture air show in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/three-lockheed-lightnings-look-awesome-in-this-wild-pho-1720033025

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   Now there is some heavy Air Power. Too bad that it is not enough to defeat the Afgan Air Force or the ISIS Air Force.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on July 25, 2015, 02:30:51 PM
~S~
   Now there is some heavy Air Power. Too bad that it is not enough to defeat the Afgan Air Force or the ISIS Air Force.

i think the last 5 or so airworthy P-38's could take on ISIS no problem!

https://youtu.be/xubCaOlHJOE?t=1m20s

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   But how do we get our gutless officials to send them? If these people in control now were running WW2 it would still be going on.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Autorotate

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on July 25, 2015, 08:55:56 PM
~S~
   But how do we get our gutless officials to send them? If these people in control now were running WW2 it would still be going on.

hit that nail right on the head! it's a travesty.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Free beer and wine with any purchase at Cook's tires in Fullerton Ca.

Guess they got my biz from now on.

S!

_AH_Turbo

click on play all ...sit back an enjoy.
http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/     :happy-112:
Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and your a thousand miles from the corn field. -Dwight D. Eisenhower

_AH_Lippy

The rules of engagement I believe is what separates the savages from the righteous.  We can no longer with the invention of the TV Carpet bomb an area suspected to hold terrorist. I believe that if we were at war with the country as we were with Iraq the ROE would be different. ISIS would no longer be a threat, but because they do not care who dies and shroud themselves with the innocent we can not just drop a bomb on them. It is a different world we live in now. Just saying. Even the warriors that are fighting the Terrorist agree that it is very tuff to weed them out when they know for a fact it is a Terrorist. But if the TV were to show a school hit by a bomb or a miss fired rocket hits the wrong house America today would have a field day and it is the Government that pays the price now. Not trying say it is Justified but it is a different Era we live in now. Even when I was in the Navy during the 80 and into the 90 a display of force like loading missile and threatening another countries ship was deemed unjust and the CO relieved of command and this was during the cold war with Russia.

_AH_Autorotate