Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Bear

I thought it was frikken hilarious..

_AH_Autorotate

holy moly!
:drinking-43: :drinking-42:

_AH_Col._Hogan

Wow.

Looking at the metal deflection it prob came from his 6?

Do some research, I have to know!

_AH_fraggmann

At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt

_AH_Hollywood

Gabreski flew in the 56th FG, whose nose cowling was Red.

The pilot was Lt Edwin Wright of the 404th Fighter Group

scroll down three photos from the link below:

http://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-35699521
Wright belonged to the Ninth Air Force, which, following the ground invasion of France in June 1944, moved its bases from Britain to mainland Europe in order to provide closer support to the advancing troops. This picture was taken near St Trond, Belgium.

It was not the first time Wright's aircraft had been hit on a mission. By the time this photograph was taken, the 19-year-old had completed 39 missions and survived being hit by flak six times.

Wright was considered a very fortunate man by his squadron, who nicknamed him Lucky for his ability to evade death. The hole here measured eight inches in diameter in an 11-inch propeller. If the damage had been an inch and a half over on either side, the blade would have severed and Wright would have been brought down.

Wright died, aged 34, from lung cancer.
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Bear

Good job on the research guys..

_AH_Autorotate

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_taldrg

~S~
    I only speak for WW2 but the cigerettes I saw was Chesterfield....Lucky Strike....Camel and they were 5 cents a pack and 50 cents a carton. After WW2 they really went up in price 'cause the manufacturs had thousads of military hooked at 5 cents a pack.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Lippy

Keep your eye on that bug eyed cat he looks twitchy LMAO

_AH_Bear

_AH_Nimble

Hey Hogan.... that cat of yours has some pretty shify eyes :lol

_AH_Autorotate

:drinking-43: :drinking-42:
http://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/usa/aircrafts-2-3/p-38-lightning/

ground crew member in vehicle made from salvaged parts including a P-38 fuel tank, Italy, 1945.