Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_taldrg

~S~
   I sent a picture of your boat to Mike (the  Stearman guy)to show him where we will be sleeping.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Bear

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Thanks, Guys. 

TD, you guys will be sleeping in the forward cabin - also known as the VIP Suite because it has its own head.Sounds pretty fancy, eh?    From the top it's a boat, down below it's more like a 1960's Winnebago - but with fewer windows and less room.   
I'll post some pix of the interior soon.

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Col._Hogan

For when your arthritis kicks in -

https://vimeo.com/26364348

S!

_AH_taldrg

~S~
  Yep!  My friend Mike and I are planing a flight out to visit BBQ this Sept. We leave Indianapolis IN. in his 1942 Stearman bi-plane and fly to Hullman Field VA.  Counting fuel stops we should make it in about 7 hours and about $700 fuel cost round trip.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_z5o

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Wanted to show anyone who's interested a comparison of my 35 year old and now dead Battery Charger and the one I replaced it with.
Tried using dropbox instead of OneDrive to post pix - It worked , kind of. The pic from Dropbox showed up, but it's too big to fit on the screen and it only showed about a third of the pix and wouldn't pan to see the rest - no auto sizing I guess.  Haven't screwed around with the crap photo editor that came with Windows 10 yet.   So for now, still just links to the pix. 

The old one weighs in at about 45 pounds, and is about 18" X 7" X 9"  - about the size of a mailbox.     https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ak5rS71RlDvgh2gOog_noDz-4i3u
I'm thinking it might make a good emergency anchor.

The new one weighs about 15 pounds and is about 14" X 8" x 2"    https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ak5rS71RlDvgh2k1KoBusYMfgr0G
It's a little fuzzy in the pic because it's installed in a small space under the aft berth and there wasn't enough room to move the camera around for it to focus properly. 

Going out for another sea trial today  to make sure it keeps up with demand.
  If it works I'll be anchored somewhere North of here tomorrow night - exactly where will depend on the wind - and hopefully will still be able to get online.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to

_AH_taldrg

~S~
  Happy sailing  and may the wind always be at your back,  just so you are back to your home port the middle of Sept. 'cause that is when I plan to fly out and see ya'.

TD

_AH_BBQhead

S~

Thanks, TD. 

Looking forward to meeting you in person.  Keep that schedule loose.  I can only get about 10 Knts out of this rig so anywhere from mid September to mid October should be the plan. 

I'll be underway in a few hours. Just going to top off the fuel and water tanks and make a grocery supply run before casting off. Hoping to be on the hook  somewhere between the Rappahanock and Potomac Rivers, and online tonight.

Wanna know what I look like?    Brace yourself.   https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ak5rS71RlDvgh2rjZw4-mHB9s3QS

_AH_Archie

BB you look a little dinghy.

Or maybe your the other one.  Cant be sure at that camera angle

Watch your 6, Own your 12, Hug an 11, Kiss a 29.

_AH_Bear

Ah... right on.. i expected the beard to be longer.. lol

_AH_Col._Hogan

What, no Browning M2 .50 on the aft deck? What about pirates?

_AH_BBQhead

S~

All guns are below deck.

Beard has been and will be longer again.  I trimmed it up when I moved East but I'm used to the gut wrenching humidity now so I'm growing it out again.

Sometimes I feel kinda dingy, but I figure that's just from the heat and dehydration.
    I do not have a small dinghy. It's perfectly proportioned. 

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on July 22, 2016, 04:57:34 PM
What, no Browning M2 .50 on the aft deck? What about pirates?

BB is supposed to be the pirate, though I see neither a parrot nor appropriate headgear. Worst. Pirate. Ever.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill