Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AH_DealnDave

Here are a couple of pics from the Hawaii County R/C Club on the Big Island near my home town of Keaau.   :)

The Red Tail P-51 (FMS V-8) is what I flew today.   :)

Our field is roughly 600-700 ft long and 20 yards wide.  It's located on an old airport radar site used in the 1950's.

:)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_Shrtaprch

But did you get any kills Dave?

_AH_DarkWolf

Are collisions common flying those R/C kites? Does someone act as an ATC while people are flying?

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_Shrtaprch on July 30, 2018, 12:49:12 PM
But did you get any kills Dave?
Sorry Shrt, had no enemy fighters to fly against.  :)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

AH_DealnDave

Quote from: _AH_DarkWolf on July 30, 2018, 08:39:37 PM
Are collisions common flying those R/C kites? Does someone act as an ATC while people are flying?
DW

We normally have only one or two planes in the air at a given time, so no collisions that I've witnessed.

No ATC, however normally the other pilots are watching who's flying and we always get comments on our landings. 

:)
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_z5o

Well, its supose to be a 688, but, its missing a few things. Most likely due to the fact their Classified.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

AH_DealnDave

Nice "Z" ... very nice.  :)   Are you gonna try and make one of the 3d guns that's been in the news lately?
Salute,

AH_DealnDave

_AH_z5o

I guess I could, but, na.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Nice shorts DW.

Why I missed the brief last night -

S!

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on July 31, 2018, 12:59:17 AM
Nice shorts DW.

Why I missed the brief last night -

S!

Nice ride cheif..

_AH_Hollywood

new truck? or were you burying dead bodies across the border?

I ain't see no pick or shovel or dirt on it...
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on July 31, 2018, 12:59:17 AM
Nice shorts DW.

I'm not in any of those pictures, I was taking them. Though that is my brother in that one.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Lippy

Z the black goes further down like almost too half way and all of the sonar dome on some boats are all black that is if your going to make it authentic
http://navsource.org/archives/08/658/0865909.jpg

_AH_z5o

Well, your kinda right. When I got the honor of painting the Rickover (giggle). The red came up a lot further. Well over the Sonar Dome. The only time you could see it was in drydock. Otherwise it was green with,,, whatever that nasty stuff it that grows on it was. But, I DO need to repaint the black. Im NOT going to sand it any though. I want the paint to stack up making it appear there is a topcoat of non-skid on the black paint. Im thinking about a flat to charcoal black over coat on the topside. I just got to get the paint first and recut the masking for the stern as well as the bow. Which is a pain. Also, even though it suppose to be a 688. Its not even close. Theres a lot of stuff missing from the outer hull that only a 688 had. But, it was free minus the cost of filament to print it and paint to paint it. Maybe when I get better with my CAD software Ill reimage the stl file to more the likeness of the real boat.

_AH_z5o

Better?   Better.

I like it.