Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_z5o

Eureka!!!
ALL errors resolved and the board is GREEN. Server deployed and operating at 100% efficiency.
My server is up and running...
Finely, success.
Next item on the list... World domination.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Olds

Here's some pics of the new build.

Specs:

Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming//
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Patriot Viper RAM 16 gig, XMP enabled
Corsair CX750 PS
MSI GTX1060 Gaming X 6 gig
Enermax Ostrog Adv case
Windows 10 Pro

Build is running great! Not too many problems getting set up. As I mentioned, the CPU temp fluctuates, which seems odd to me, but apparently that is common with this processor. Checked the clock speed, and it is running at 4.125 to 4.150 ghz, and according to Ryzen Master, it is already running in Precision Boost Mode...the thing is overclocked out of the bos. Case has good airflow, with 2 pre-installed fans in the front, one at the back for exhaust, and I added two Corsair SP-120 fans in the top. You can feel the air pulling into the case. The GPU temp on the old machine was hovering around 55-58 degrees. This one is running around 43...

So far, I like the Windows 19 Pro, much more than I thought I would. Especially like the Windows Hello, where you only need a pin to get in.

Still a lot of game settings to fix, and some other things to work on. Need to get a new TrackIr5, and it looks like I may need to get a new throttle. Kept wondering why the lights would go out on it. Moved the cable around tonight, and it went out...think the cable is going bad. Had this a long time, and it has worked great (Thanks Lippy for the throttle). Will get a CH Pro throttle when I can afford it. Got to take care of other things first.

Finally got the pictures to work from Dropbox:

Case was a clearance item at Fry's...got it for $50. Couldn't pass it up. Great airflow and lots of room to work. It is the new version of the case I was using. Also has a side panel with an expanded side, so you can route the cables on the backside, clearing up the mainboard area for better airflow. Still need to do a little work on that...panel is a little tight. Think I can get the cables closer to the board, so the panel will go on easier.

Any recommendations on a better CPU cooler? Temps right now are in the 40's, but I think I can do better. Might find something a little quieter.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Bear

_AH_Col._Hogan

Read the whole message you ninny

_AH_Olds

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_z5o

Got this little jim kicked down to me for fixing an older DOA Dell StudioXPS. Time to do a bit of upgrading to the ol network. The only down side is. Its not a Rack Mount Switch, but, it'll more than do for now.

_AH_Bear

Quote from: _AH_Col._Hogan on April 19, 2019, 04:18:50 PM
Read the whole message you ninny
Hes such a bully... :sad-056:.  my feeling is hurt.. :sad-056: whos the HR person... oh Jack... Jack..hahha

_AH_Lippy

Olds it was my pleasure to help a friend out. That PC rocks bud, looks like your going to be shaming some of us real soon with that monster. I wish I could help more but it looks like your just about covered.
I have heard AMD's are a bit jittery. My second PC was a AMD processor and it ran till it was so outdated I had to replace it. When I built mine it seem the gaming rights to the king of the hill kept going back and forth between AMD and Intel, at the time INTEL was on top. I dont believe you should have much trouble at all. Rock on ~S~

_AH_Nimble

gee  Zulu   what a nice picture of your place... Ive move into a senior park but our houses are much the same... im still down sizing from my old home... but geting there...little rusty on my typing having been offline for so long

_AH_Col._Hogan

Please put her on all my airplanes -

_AH_Olds

Got a new truck (new to me) Saturday. 2001 Ford F150 XLT Supercrew.

Needs a little work, but it runs good, and the price was right. Got a lot of features, drives good, and it is comfortable.
Get it cleaned up really good, and it will look sharp.

_AH_z5o

Nice Olds, congrats.

_AH_DarkWolf

Looks pretty clean for 18 years old.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Olds

Thank you. Only rust I've found is on the rocker panels and the cab corners. Rest of the body is straight.

_AH_Hollywood

Some days the traffic in SoCal gets me...   Hogan and SKAT and maybe BBQ's distant memories can all relate......

Then I see this....  Mt. Everest

I and I don't think it's so BAD.....

But, I'm still stuck in traffic.... so... Hey let's make a Left turn and hit the beach....but

He's waiting for me...

So... between.. traffic and risking life and limb with float"ies" around my arms... I figure.. I'll just PULL A BEAR... and go for the HERB....

But then... I can't even get to my front door...

"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941