Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Lippy

I have been into Nascar since the late 70's I will concede. But I did take a bit of a break from watching racing after my first divorce in 88-89. I do remember something along those line I just figured they never made it to the track. But I was wrong.   :drinking-29:

_AH_DarkWolf

Just barely made the line in tonight's second mission with a failing engine. Twas damn close.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

I love how the rocket is lighting up the pilot and the face of the bombs.

Also, you can jettison the rocket tubes, full or empty!

_AH_Hollywood

I thought of 6x500 bombs in the 38 is too much...  the 38 is awesome....

Have you noticed the gun tube whistle in the P-51?
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Col._Hogan

QuoteHave you noticed the gun tube whistle in the P-51?

Oh sweet sounds....

_AH_Olds

On the 38, one important point. When you taxi, the top of the canopy will close. However, that does not mean that the canopy is fully closed. I couldn't figure out why I was getting so much buffeting, till I realized the window was down.. :idiot-0011: Hit RAlt C to roll up the windows and fully close the canopy, problem solved...DOH! Thanks Wood!

Love that 38!
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_DarkWolf

I saw that on the sturmovik forums. Interesting.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_DarkWolf

I was reading an article about racetracks and they mentioned the one in Nazareth, Pennsylvania. You guys who are into racing might remember it, it used to host Indycar, NASCAR Busch and Craftsman Truck series races amongst others. It got bought and its races moved elsewhere after 2004, guess the owners refused to allow it to be used for racing anymore since it competed with other nearby tracks they owned. Now its kind of an overgrown wreck, sad.

DW

_AH_Lippy

I have heard of it, there is another track in Pocono Pennsylvania called the tricky triangle. They are doing something very odd this year. They are running both the Pocono races simultaneously 2 weeks in a row. Just my two cents worth or is it down to one cent these days  :lol

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah, the proximity to Pocono and Dover was related to why they shut it down. Its a pity, what they need is more unique racetracks and fewer copycat 1.5 milers.

DW

_AH_BBQhead

S~

The brother I was talking about last night lives so close to Pocono Raceway you can hear the races from his house. It's  2.5 mile tri oval with a pretty interesting layout. Each turn is a duplicate, as much as a turn can be duplicated ( banking and radius), of one of the turns on three other well known tracks.       

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_DarkWolf

Used to love running Pocono in the old Papyrus NASCAR Racing sims. Was fun when they used to shift there.

DW

_AH_Lippy

They still shift there. Pocono is called the tricky triangle. BB is right each corner is a copy from another race track and all three are different. Makes for good racing. Longest straight away in NASCAR.
unfortunate for your brother they dont offer the experience at Pocono but Dover they do.

_AH_z5o

I had to share this with ya'll.
Yes, that car is illegally parked in the middle of the lane half in a crosswalk.
And yes, that is a Handicap placard hanging in the window.
And... yes, that is a Handicap parking spot sitting open 15 feet behind them.
This is the type of people I have to live with everyday and people wonder why I want to move.
Oh and that car set there for over 30 minutes.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.