Misc Images

Started by _AH_DarkWolf, July 09, 2007, 03:59:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_DarkWolf

This is the definition of skinning hell.

27 separate pieces (actually more but I combined some of them) that had to be aligned with eachother and in some cases skewed or curved to compensate for distortion in the texture mapping. All this to create six simple straight lines on the aircraft.

Freaking brutal.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

Beautiful Christmas skin...

~S

_AH_Hollywood

Let's just get our hands on a good P-51 template.. Viola!
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH_Hollywood on November 18, 2019, 04:10:17 PM
Let's just get our hands on a good P-51 template.. Viola!

As far as I know the official ones are the only ones available. The ones for the three latest allied aircraft are a little disappointing compared to the Spit IX and P-47 ones. Alot of layers are not separate and are combined together, no full sets of invasion stripes, no theatre bands. The P-51 did come with one version of 352nd FG nose and the 78th FG's black and white checker nose but thats it so far. Wish they had included the 357th nose checkers. ICDP said he would inquire about some of this stuff, we'll see if anything comes of it.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

QuoteWish they had included the 357th nose checkers.

Yes please.

~S

_AH_DarkWolf

This rebuttment ain't big enough fer the both of us.

DW

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_Hollywood

:drinking-43:

Now if you guys would just simply fly that d@mn game
"You sneaky little bastards aren't getting doodly sh*t from me, except maybe my name, rank, and Social Security number: Wood, Hollis P., Lumberjack, Social Security 106-43-2185."-Slim Pickens-The movie-1941

_AH_Col._Hogan

Woody is in that weird place between old and new....

Hang on to us brother, we'll get there.

We may have to kill BB though.

S!

_AH_Col._Hogan

The game is so detailed that the data markings beneath my kill flags actually match my tail numbers.

_AH_Bear

DW ol buddy ol pal... what ones mine??
:happy-112:

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_z5o

~S~ Gents. Let me explain a little why I havent been around. As Im sure you all know. Ive been taking care of my mom and my disable brother for the past 4 going on 5 years now. The stress of everything finely caught up to me and I had to take a break from everything. Well, last night around 2 am things got worse. I woke up and walked in to my lab which is located at the front of my mobile home. No sooner set down at my PC when CRASH!!! My house literally jumped and shuck like hell. It seems a large pine tree decided to fall right on it. As you can see below. Ive wanted get it, but, never could afford insurance on it. Now, I have no clue on what to do. Ive lost my house and I have no way to fix it or replace it. Fortunately, it seems someone was looking over me. Because, if I had waited to get up out of bed just 5 more minutes. I'd had that tree in my lap. So, thats something I guess. Anyways. thats that. Merry Christmas to me I guess. Ill try to get back flying as soon as I can, maybe tonight. Just depends on how today goes. See ya'll soon. S! Gents

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

_AH_Bear

wow.. i hope things turn around for you soon Z..

_AH_fraggmann

Good Luck Z   :drinking-43:
At one time we had Kingdoms ruled by Kings and Empires ruled by Emperors.
Now we have Countries ruled by....mY h3Ad sT!Ll hUrZt