I heard about your squad.....

Started by _AH_Moby, September 14, 2008, 07:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_BBQhead

S~ Hornet!  great seeing you on line again.. good to hear you're looking to get back up into the virtual skies. 

and i don't see any reason you wouldn't be able to come out of retirement and slap on the old AH uni... but Jack's the guy that approves all new members..  and he's kind of a hard @$$ about it sometimes.

(tongue)

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Duff4r

S~ Hornet,

Yeah good luck with Jack.  Things have not gone well for him....He often shows up in a clown costume telling Gay jokes while muttering under his breath about Canadians?  Although not a Canadian myself I live very close here in Idaho.  I had to buy my way into the squad with 5 books of Greens Stamps plus parade around in a "Nurses Outfit".  God I hated the high-heels.  Currently I have to send Jack 3 "Cracker Jack" Boxes monthly as he likes the picture on the front of them and collects the toys from inside.

All-in-all you'll be just fine!  Being "Old AH" is a Good-Thing, yet try to talk in as DEEP of voice as possible around Jack and oh yeah...Check "6".

:hahaha-024:

Welcome back!!
Duff4r

_AH_Hornet

Quote from: _AH_Duff4r on September 25, 2008, 06:10:28 PM
Yeah good luck with Jack.

Hah, yeah. I'll see what I can do. I need to practice a bit before I can show him that I'm not rusted out completely.

Quote from: _AH_Duff4r on September 25, 2008, 06:10:28 PM
All-in-all you'll be just fine!  Being "Old AH" is a Good-Thing,

It just means I remember stuff (or don't) that happened a long time ago...  :happy-119:

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on September 25, 2008, 03:54:57 PM
S~ Hornet!  great seeing you on line again.. good to hear you're looking to get back up into the virtual skies. 

and i don't see any reason you wouldn't be able to come out of retirement and slap on the old AH uni... but Jack's the guy that approves all new members..  and he's kind of a hard @$$ about it sometimes.

haha, yeah, I'm sure he still has confidence in me :-X

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back.

_AH_Hornet

Ok, now that I have the game and a new Sennheiser headseat, I'm set. Hopefully I'll see ya'll tomorrow.

And I thought I'd share this relic from my address book!

Anybody remember flying with any of those folks? (glasses)

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. i think i'm feeling  a little nostalgic already.. maybe a bicarbonate will help  (tongue).

i remember having flown with  a lot of those names ...     

there is probably some old screen shots and  some old member names archived over in the little known AH  msn groups  site.

i couldn't tell ya how  to get there.. but i get an email every so often from it.. so i'm pretty sure it's still out there... some where..

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_DarkWolf

The squad used to have TWO Moggys?! I guess the modern AH are kinda spoiled eh?  (6)

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Col._Hogan

AHHH!!, Dee Dubb beat me to it.....

_AH_Hornet

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on September 30, 2008, 11:13:14 PM
there is probably some old screen shots and  some old member names archived over in the little known AH  msn groups  site.

i couldn't tell ya how  to get there.. but i get an email every so often from it.. so i'm pretty sure it's still out there... some where..

Yes, but I think most of those are gone now, actually the CFS2 groups page still exists.. I know I tried to access the /aceshighcfs1/ and /aceshigh/ other day with no luck.
http://groups.msn.com/AHCFS2/shoebox.msnw

~S~

DealnDave

Hey Moby...

Seeing that your also a new guy, have you qualifed in any of the airframes yet?....if so how did you look in those skins were supposed to fly...hehe?

_AH_Homicide

Moby's a new member but he's been flyin with AH around 2 yrs (from what I have been told).
That list of hornets I remember about 30-40% of them! "Usually from a status messsage that I removed their port wing tips" hehe

_AH_Hornet

I've been poking around the old AH pages awhile and maybe Gonzo can confirm this, but this is what I recollect...
For the sake of record keeping history, the first Commander in Chiefs of AH were:
1. AH_Sgt_Angel
2. AH_Hazard
3. AH_Hangman
4. AH_Danger
5. AH_Gonzo

I don't know any past that because I left, and I might be wrong about the order for the later part, but I think it was something like that! Enjoy. A google search for any of those names will bring back many memories. :)

_AH_Moby

~S~ Dave!  Sorry for the late reply....but with regards to the skins..... for the airframe quals..... Well, they are absolutely to die for!!!!  (Meant to be said with Jack's unquestionably unmistakeable non-heterosexual voice, but not in a gay way of course...)    :hahaha-024:

All I can say Dave, is that they are, very, very, very, very. very, very, very......pink.  And very funny to check out with the added markings and add ons, not to mention an honor to wear while qualling the first couple of planes, thank god only a couple.....lol!!!  So far I have just qualled the P-51C, as required, but I have not been able to get on near as much as usual these past few weeks, had a death in the family and work has changed up my schedule a bit with some new bosses and me being around so long has put me in touch some newly assigned responsibilities from them, etc.... and the kids and the wife and the rest, not enough time in the day to get a qual in or two....lol!  See you up there soon!

Cheers!

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Tagert

I heard about it too.. and I still joined! ;)

_AH_Col._Hogan

Looks like Tagert pulled a "DealingDave" and snuck in the back door and stole a uni.

Been Flying with him for years so I can vouch.(did I say that out loud?) The ex 214 boys know him too.

Truly a hot stick, don't want this sob on your 6 if he's wearing an enemy jersey.

Welcome Ace

S!

_AH_Corona

Yeah we know this Tagert dirtbag. lol Jk He is as good as a horse fly on a summers day.
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: War nerves? Who said war nerves?

Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell, no!