The Slot Campaign (preliminary discussion)

Started by _AH_BBQhead, September 22, 2008, 04:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Deviant

If we're doing full cockpit, then I want no ID or range (though realistic dotrange)...trying to find out who you're shooting would add to the experience.

That said, I prefer open cockpit. The only way I'll like these settings is if I can use F4 Padlock. That will at least give me the ability to have similar abilities as those with TrackIR.

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Boosher on September 22, 2008, 09:30:10 PM
...The second tour, we would swap sides, and possibly squadrons also. (So that may mean swapping plane types based on the year. Instead of just F4F, F4U, and F6F against Zekes, the US types may be facing Ki-61's. Now, personally, I would love to fly a Ki-61 in a campaign, it seems like a real challenge to me...
Just my .02 ducats.

I had in mind a strictly historical campaign, with actual missions as they were flown.  No Ki-61's that I know of ever served in the Solomons.  There was one Group that was stationed at Rabaul for a time.  The only IJAAF fighter that I know for sure did see action in the Solomons was the Ki-43.

Moggy

_AH_BBQhead

S~.  i like when we aren't able to tell who's flying which plane, too.. but i really like being able to call a number.. so i'm on the fence about no ID and no name..   

as for switching sides,  i am going by the response of the guys that flew japanese in our test run of four missions in the seow server... most of the guys flying japanese we're pretty discouraged after three missions..  ten in a row  might be too much. 

as for locked cockpit ( no external views)..i like the idea of flying it one mission a week.       

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Col._Hogan

I like to look at my AWESOME Darkwolf skin and then watch you guys after I die(I do alot of watching)...  I Especialy like to watch Darkwolf fly cause he's so awesome and cool and really cool and so totaly awesome and cute........

Speaking of skins,..... Hey Dee Dubb, you wouldn't happen to have an "AH H" P-38 skin with some JAP kill flags and That Daffy Duck nose art laying around somewhere, would ya?
S! 

_AH_Homicide

_AH_taldrg

~S~ All; For thoes of you who don't know , I always fly in cockpit always have, always will and that is why I get shot down a LOT. I have no lead to follow or to work ACMs with. Now...no brag, just fact. Duffr and I used to be in an outfit that flew only CV operations and in cockpit and we learned team work. Last night he and I teamed up, for the first time I think, shot down 6 or 7 enemy planes without a scratch all because we learned TEAMWORK and.....in cockpit. We would have done better if we had  had our seperate comms but it was FUN, FUN, FUN.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Ring

I flew in a full switch squad for years...and it can be fun....That being said, It is work...especially if labels are off. I would reccomend if we are going full pit then we leave lables on. the reason I say this is because we all donot have starwars rigs that will allow you to see the enemy from a distance. weather will be a factor also...be prepared if we are flying full pit to have missions where no ememy in engaged...you can fly right by an enemy and not see them....maybe we could see how the squad adjusts to full pit for the first 5 missions then revisit the settings at a squad level and go from there. Also we would not be able to watch the rest of the mission when killed.

_AH_Ring

Also Mog, do you have the plane sets for the first ten missions? I would like to build a DF map for practice...Ring

_AH_Duff4r

~S~TD You tell 'em.

I always fly...In-cockpit and I never tell anyone else how to have their fun.  That said, I need labels and I prefer MinMap Path.

We need to do that more TD.

Duff

DealnDave

My 2 cents :)

mini map - on
cockpit - on
icons - off
padlock - off

all others set to realistic :)

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Ring on November 05, 2008, 12:16:11 AM
Also Mog, do you have the plane sets for the first ten missions? I would like to build a DF map for practice...Ring

Not for the first ten, but for the first eight.  Here they are:

JAPANESE
A6M3
A6M2-21
A6M2-N
G4M1
B5N2
D3A1
H8K1
Ki-46 Recce

ALLIED
Corsair Mk. I (F4U-1)
P-38J
F4F-4
P-40M
PBN Nomad
SBD-5

_AH_Nimble

well, any campaign is good with our guys....my main problem is mine eyes...little dots are even smaller to me .... I need to wear a magnifying glass...es   to see the screen clearly... but whatever yall decide, Ill fly it... gotta aggree with Moby on this... and I will do the very best I am able.  but..... if I accidently shoot a good guy( yall are good guys) please dont hang me by my toes to the underside of the wings :bomb-034:

_AH_Zipzag

Now that the slot campaign is to begin again on thr 30th does that mean the scoreboard  will be reset ? Does that first mission not count ?

~S~

_AH_Zipzag

Quote from: _AH_Nimble on November 17, 2008, 05:32:18 AM
well, any campaign is good with our guys....my main problem is mine eyes...little dots are even smaller to me .... I need to wear a magnifying glass...es   to see the screen clearly... but whatever yall decide, Ill fly it... gotta aggree with Moby on this... and I will do the very best I am able.  but..... if I accidently shoot a good guy( yall are good guys) please dont hang me by my toes to the underside of the wings :bomb-034:

oh ya and i got catorax , surgery on jan 9 for the right eye and a month later the left eye , glass's help but no matter how much i clean them they always look dirty , so night missions i can't be counted on 100 percent

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Zipzag on December 20, 2008, 11:39:35 PM
Now that the slot campaign is to begin again on thr 30th does that mean the scoreboard  will be reset ? Does that first mission not count ?

~S~

S! Zipzag:

Scoreboard's already been reset, thanks to Rumely.  No, those first two missions won't count.  We'll be starting afresh.  First mission brief will be posted in a few days.  We'll be flying Japanese as part of "Operation I-Go" preliminaries...