Yamamoto Mission sign-up

Started by _AH_Moggy, September 25, 2008, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moggy

~S~ all:Anyone interested in flying the "Yamamoto mission" (18 April '43) in real time, the way it was really flown, please sign up here with your plane assignment.

I'm planning on recommending that we run the mission on either Friday 10-3 or Saturday 10-4.

WARNING!!!!  This is a real-time mission & a very long flight.  It will take approx. 2 Hrs 20 minutes to complete!  P-38's will launch from Fighter Two and recover either there or possibly Banika (Russells.  Am still researching the exact date the 1st strip there was completed).  Zekes will start well NW of Bougainville.  So unless you're willing to commit the time, please don't sign up.  We'll fly the mission if we have at least 4 Zero & 12 P-38 pilots signed up.

Slots available, U.S
16x P-38J

Slots available, IJN:
6x A6M3
+ 10 G4M Betty gunner spots (the two bombers are not player-pilotable;  they'll remain AI).  Note:  The gunner spots may prove handy to have player-manned.  Just bring a good book to read, or enough cold ones :give-me-beer-0034: for the flight down to Bougainville (6)

There will be no waypoints or mini-map path displayed.  It will be a very challenging mission from both sides.  For the P-38's, you'll have to fly a dead-reckoning course very accurately, and manage your fuel carefully.  ROE will be posted here a few days prior to the mission.

Moggy out

_AH_Johnny

Sounds like fun Moggy...Please hold a 38 for me.
S~
...if it's just for fun, why do they keep points?

_AH_Toccs

_AH_Boosher

I'd be willing to take a P-38, but that depends entirely on the time the mission starts.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.    :cool:  i'd be perfectly happy in a gunner seat if we fill the pilot seats.  kinda feels like i just called "shotgun!".   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Bong

Oh baby yeah :)  I'd like a 38 if possible or a zero or a gunner seat or I could swim it if need be
LT._AH_Bong
"Reserve" Flight
Aces High

_AH_Jack

I'll fly anything...just hope it's not on a week night with work the next day.

_AH_Moby

I would love to fly a Zero on this one!!!  Could someone clarify the possible dates for me.... brain farting here, not sure when they are....

~S~!

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Col._Hogan

_AH_taldrg

~S~ I will fly any twin any time, any where. I be IN.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Col._Hogan

Remember that episode where 214  had to land on an enemy base and refuel?

That might give us an option for a short break in the middle...

S!

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Moby on September 26, 2008, 02:26:55 AM
I would love to fly a Zero on this one!!!  Could someone clarify the possible dates for me.... brain farting here, not sure when they are....

~S~!

Mobes.

S! Mobes:  I forgot that next Sat. is a race night, so that wouldn't work.  So, barring any unforseen catastrophe, the Yamamoto mission is now slated for next Friday, 10-3.  Start time 9:00 p.m. EDT.

_AH_Moggy

~S~ all:

Since next Sat. will be an AH race night, we'll schedule the Yamamoto mission for next Friday, 10-3, 9:00 p.m. EDT.  If anyone that has signed up so far can't make it that night, please post here.

Current sign-ups (minimum # required = 16):

P-38's:
1.  AH_Johnny
2.  AH_Bong
3.  AH_Hogan
4.  AH_Taildrg

A6M3's:
1.  AH_Moby
2.  AH_Moggy

G4M Gunners:
(none yet, hmmm....)

(No preference expressed):
1.  AH_Toccs
2.  AH_BBQ
3.  AH_Jack

_AH_Col._Hogan

:censored-015: Father / Daughter Dance next Friday, Im out :censored-015: :censored-015: :censored-015:

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. my preference for this is a gunner seat.. but i'm guessing we'll need more pilots to get it in the air..

if the minimum pilot requirement is met,.. please count me as a gunner.  (glasses)

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.