Yamamoto Mission sign-up

Started by _AH_Moggy, September 25, 2008, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Deviant

I'm curious, is the flight times the same for both flights?

In any case, sign me up for wherever I'm needed.

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Deviant on October 01, 2008, 10:08:29 AM
I'm curious, is the flight times the same for both flights?

In any case, sign me up for wherever I'm needed.

No.  P-38's will have to RTB whether they succeed in interception or not;  Japanese only need to get to Kahili (Bougainville).

Roger re your assignment, Dev.

_AH_Deviant

I want to try flying the P-38's preferably. I want to practice long-range flying.  :happy-119:

_AH_Moggy

~S~ all:As of today, here is the current sign-up list.  ROE post to follow.

Current sign-ups (minimum # required = 16):

P-38's:
1.  AH_Johnny
2.  AH_Bong
3.  AH_Darkwolf
4.  AH_Taildrg
5.  AH_Boosher
6.  AH_Duff4r
7.  AH_Toccs
8.  AH_SkatTrash
9.  AH_Deviant

A6M3's:
1.  AH_Moggy
2.  AH_Gator

G4M Gunners:
1.  AH_BBQ

(No preference expressed):
1.  AH_Jack
2.  AH_MOAB
3.  AH_Homicide
4.  AH_Foxbat

_AH_DarkWolf

Quote from: _AH__SKATtrash on September 30, 2008, 12:59:28 AM
What skin should I use?

SKAT, if you were REALLY serious about flying this mission, you'd have your own historically themed skin already.

I guess some of us just appreciate the hard work Moggy puts into these missions more than others.   (roll)

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Moggy

~S~ all:Here is some basic info, and the ROE for Friday's "Yamamoto mission."  NOTE:  Each side's flight profile will be briefed using standard mission briefing in-game, prior to launch.

TIME:  160 minutes
PLAYERS:  22 Pilots + 10 Gunners (2x G4M's)
USAAC FLYABLE:  16x P-38J's
IJN FLYABLE:  6x A6M3's
FOE Icon Settings:  DOT: 8       COLOR: 1     RANGE: 1    ID: .05        TYPE:  .5

Date:  18 April 1943
Time:  08:08 Hrs
Weather:  Clear

**Rules of Engagement**
1.  Enemy external views are strictly DISABLED!
2.  Mini-map path will be "off."
3.  Fuel loadouts are locked.
4.  Neither of the Bettys may be player-piloted.  Any # of players may man the gunner stations in them.
5.  If both bombers touch down at Kahili, Blue side wins.  
6.  If one of the bombers touches down at Kahili, Blue side wins as long as it is the one they've designated in advance as carrying Adm. Yamamoto.  If not, Red side wins.***
7.  If neither bomber touches down at Kahili, Red side wins.***
8.  To win, the "Yamamoto" bomber needs only to touch down, intact (defined as still under its own power), at Kahili.  Strafing the bomber on the ground serves no purpose.
9.  Prior to mission launch, Blue side will secretly designate which of the two Bettys will be carrying Adm. Yamamoto.  It will be announced to all Blue side pilots.
10.  Ramming attacks are FORBIDDEN for both sides.
11.  Restarts:  No restarts will occur once all P-38's are airborne.
12.  "Readying sequence:"  If Blue side announces that it will have players manning any gunner stations in either Betty, then the readying sequence will be strictly as follows:
   A.  All pilots man their planes, for both sides.  Red side then readys up first, prior to any Blue side pilots.  NOTE:  If host is flying Red Side, he is on the "honor system" not to reveal any of the Blue side gunner slotting.
   B.  Blue side gunners man their slots, and Blue side Mission Commander announces "all ready."
   C.  Host (if flying for Red side) readies up, and mission is launched.
13.  Mission will end when all aircraft, for both sides, have landed (Blue side at Kahili; Red side at "Fighter Two."

*** EXCEPTION:  If either condition 6 or 7 Red side victory conditions apply, and (for whatever reason) less than seven P-38's successfully land at "Fighter Two," then the mission is a "draw."

SKINS:  Pilots should use the following skins for this mission:
1.  A6M3's:  Any of the four downloads provided.
2.  P-38's:  P38-J_237FG-339th FS_noCode.bmp -- with markings "on" (unless you've already got an historical one, like DW).
3.  Note:  The Bettys will be dressed each in the two downloads provided (one of each).

_AH_BBQhead

S~.... it feels like it's  getting close.. i've already begun preparations here.. bought a case of beer today  :drinking61:

looks like it's gonna be a long one.. i should probably get some jerky, too...     

thanks for the time and effort with this one Moggy.     

it kinda feels like you're throwin a little party.. except with no women, and you're not serving food or drinks.. and we can't use your bathrooms, or rifle through your stuff,  or talk to half the people there...still i'm looking forward to it.   :give-me-beer-0034:

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Ring

am I too late to grab an a6m3?

_AH_Deviant

What if we need a washroom break halfway through? :surprised-027:

_AH_Boosher

Then bring along a Stein and recycle, Dev.

_AH_Zipzag

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Ring on October 01, 2008, 11:20:12 PM
am I too late to grab an a6m3?

Nope, not too late.  You're in an A6M3!

_AH_Col._Hogan

Did I here that the mission was moved to Sat?

_AH_Olds

Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make the mission Friday, but looks like i will as of now. Slot me into whatever is left, if it's not too late.  Mission time is 9:00 eastern, right?
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Gonzo

Due to my work schedule at the moment I can promise to be there but I'm going to try my hardest.

Can I ge a confirmation of the start time in UTC?

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix