Utterly Clueless

Started by _AH_Toccs, October 01, 2008, 11:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Toccs

I confess to not having a clue about skins: download, install, etc.  I wouldnt know how to download, much less where to place them.  Is there a tutorial for dummies lying around somewhere?

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. INstalling downloaded skins 101.

most often you'll find skins are uploaded in compressed form... zip or rar.

Download, save, and extract.   
Skins are .bmp files.
Find and copy the .bmp file you've just downloaded and extracted, and navigate to your game folder.
Look for the paint schemes folder,  and inside there you'll find the skins folder.

Inside the skins folder, locate the folder for the  plane you've downloaded the skin for, and paste the .bmp into the appropriate plane's folder.

I usually then open the plane folder and make sure i see the new skin file in there.  I look to make sure i copied a FILE and not a FOLDER.   you should see the default skin(s), a void skin, and the skin(s) you just placed in there.

ok you're done.  be careful not to bump your elbow on the monitor as you pat yourself on the back.  :happy-016:

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Toccs

Thanks, BB, will give it a shot tonite.

DealnDave

Here is a very good site for Downloading accurate historical skins  :drinking-42:

http://www.flying-legends.net/