What joystick do you use?

Started by AH_Hornet, October 02, 2008, 12:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Hornet

I was contemplating purchasing another MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2, since it's the best stick I've ever flown with. I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with a stick that was better than the MS sidewinder FF2.

_AH_Bong

It depends on wether you want a Hotas setup or a single stick.  The X52 is areally good stick with a LOT of buttons. Several of the guys are using them.
LT._AH_Bong
"Reserve" Flight
Aces High

_AH_Jack

Hornet, if Microsoft was still making the FFII, I'd still be using it.  However, I now use the CH Products Fighterstick with the CH Pro Pedals and the CH Pro Throttle...really happy with the setup, but altogether as a set, it runs about $300.00...and no force feedback, which I really miss.

_AH_Toccs

I run same setup as Jack.  Used to have the X-52, its ok.  Lotsa guys use the X-52 and wouldnt have anything else.

The CH stuff aint cheap, but it's well made and will prolly last a lifetime.

_AH_Olds

MS FFB 2, as Jack said. It is one awesome stick! You can still buy them new at GoGamer for $149, or on ebay for varying prices.Found this one here at Goodwill for $8...that went in the cart pretty qucik! If you can find one, grab it. One tough stick.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Hornet

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to buy a new one on GoGamer while I can.

DealnDave

I'm using a Logitech Wingman Extreme 3d Pro.  Over the past 10+ years I've had to replace the stick 2 times, however I brought them at Best Buy and got the extended warranty plan and the 2nd one was free     (6)

_AH_taldrg

~S~ X-52 Hosta. Would like to have CH but can't afford it. Hard to type with the "Monster Mash" playing in the background.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Moby

~S~!

I've been a Saitek Evo user for years till I before I changed to using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.  Saitek wear out pretty quick for me and I was replacing them about twice a year.  I changed to the Logitech as the handle was way more comfortable and had more programable buttons than the Saitek's I was using.  I tried the Logitech force 3D Pro as well and although the force feedback is awesome for experiencing hits, turbulence and landing stresses etc.... I found that it caused my sights to jostle around when I experienced the actions on the stick, causing me to lose hits on A/C I was in pursuit of, as well, when I got hit with a few stray bullets while on the six of another A/C, it would throw my sights off my target slightly, causing misses as I fired.  I don't use the force feed back Logitech anymore, just the Extreme 3D Pro and love it!  It has 12 totally programable buttons for however you want to set up for the game.  I go through about one a year, but the last one I bought has lasted almost three years with no loss of control surfaces due to the amount of use it gets....   

Mobes

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Zipzag

MS FFB2 and  Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant, just turn off the gun shake in the FFB and u get accurate shots, the flaps i handle manualy and im able to set them anywhere i want  any degree , like having a direct cable hooked up to my flaps, but its easy to jam them , havent latley , theres 3 levers , power , pitch, flaps  are my settings on the levers, awsome , and since nobody needs to trim during combat , u get six exrea button settings, nice being able to drop those flaps about 5 degree's or so during a dog fight , somtimes the combat flaps are too much drag or you forget to turn them off

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/quad.htm

_AH_Gonzo

Quotenobody needs to trim during combat

From _AH_ZipZag

Never, ever, ever, stop trimming!

I use to use the Thrustmaster Fox Two Pro Shock and it's the best stick I've ever flown with. Apart from that 3 sticks (2 new and 1 used) lasted me about 7 years!)

Now I'm using the MS Sidewinder FFB2. I like it but it just isn't the Fox Two.

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_DarkWolf

I use a Saitek Cyborg Evo. I've had it a little over 2 years. I like it, I've recently had to replace the trigger switch and the Y-axis potentiometer.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_Duff4r

CH Pro Hotas

I do wish it had Force feedback

Duff

_AH_Zipzag

Quote from: _AH_Gonzo on January 04, 2009, 01:34:59 AM
Quotenobody needs to trim during combat

From _AH_ZipZag

Never, ever, ever, stop trimming!

I use to use the Thrustmaster Fox Two Pro Shock and it's the best stick I've ever flown with. Apart from that 3 sticks (2 new and 1 used) lasted me about 7 years!)

Now I'm using the MS Sidewinder FFB2. I like it but it just isn't the Fox Two.

I always do but not when im pulling G's in a dog fight

_AH_Twisted

I've always used the Microsoft FF2. I've got the one I'm using and 2 more brand new still in the box :)