What joystick do you use?

Started by AH_Hornet, October 02, 2008, 12:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Hornet

I did get a new one, but it isn't brand new. Now I've got two, so I'm happy.

My only complaint is that the FF shuts off if you alt-tab out of IL2 :-\ Do you have that problem, Twisted?

_AH_Twisted

~S~ Hornet

Yep sure did. You can correct this by firing up your game, go to your stick settings and turn off the switch for force feed back.
Then go to your stick software which is located in game controllers or under programs\microsoft hardware. Set your FF through there. It will take a little time to get used to the difference as it is either slightly less or more than if you use both. But at least you can alt-tab now without losing the FF as before.

I can't remember whom told me about this but it was an AH member.

_AH_Olds

Tested it out, and yes, it does work. The only drawback that I see is that you lose the stall shake when it is turned off in the game...that helps me a lot to be able to control the plane. It does allow you to alt-tab out without the stick going limp-noodle. Now if there was a way to get the stall shake to work, I'd be happy  :lol-029: I've been looking for a way to fix this for years. Thanks, Twisted.
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Hornet

Thanks for the tip, Twisted. I'll be trying this out as soon as I get my computer back from warranty. (hopefully tomorrow!)