SpeedbarConfig for Moggy and Others

Started by _AH_Duff4r, October 07, 2008, 03:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Duff4r

_AH_Gonzo

S! & ty Duff, I was looking for that too.  (6)

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_BBQhead

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Moggy

S! Duff4r:

Installed the new speedbar config.  Very easy install and very easy to modify in the config.ini.  It has an excellent README file included. 

This mod will be very valuable for carrier traps.  Now, you can actually fly your plane exactly 5 kts above stall speed, instead of having to guess how close you are.  Thanks again, professor!

_AH_DarkWolf

Yeah this is a great little mod. Super for low flying over water.

DW

"In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Good Will" - Winston S. Churchill

_AH_taldrg

~S~ Duff-ster.  I DLd it to a folder on my desktop. I am sorry to have to say this again and again but, what do I do with it now?
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_taldrg on October 08, 2008, 09:32:12 PM
~S~ Duff-ster.  I DLd it to a folder on my desktop. I am sorry to have to say this again and again but, what do I do with it now?

S! TD.  All you have to do is place the folder containing the four files (SpeedbarConfig folder) into your MODS folder in your game directory.  You can leave it at that, and the default increments will be lowered to 5m/5ft for altitude, and to 5kph/5mph/5KIAS for speed.

You can change the increments further, lowering them to "1."  See the README file.  All you have to do is add a few lines of text to the bottom of your config.ini file.

Here's what I added to mine:

[Mods]
SpeedbarUnits=2
SpeedbarSpdKnots=1
SpeedbarSpdMPH=1

This changes the game's default HUD settings to KIAS, and lowers the increments for KIAS & MPH to "1."  Thus, for example, I now see speeds of (for example) 217 Kts -- whereas before it would read "220."  I left everything else at the new default settings of "5."

Just be careful in cutting & pasting anything into your config.ini file.  I'd recommend that you first back the thing up & store it somewhere safe.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.   it's not too tough to install, TD.  you've got to extract it first.   

and you end up with a read me file and a folder.   the folder contain four files..

make a copy of your conf.ini and save it somewhere.. just in case something goes wrong.

then open the read me and copy this:

[Mods]
SpeedbarUnits=2
SpeedbarSpdKMH=1
SpeedbarSpdMPH=1
SpeedbarSpdKnots=1
SpeedbarAltMeters=1
SpeedbarAltFeet=5

paste it into you conf.ini file.   

then copy the SpeedbarConfig_b2  folder into the Mods folder in your game.

that's it! you're done.   

as for changing the units to what you prefer.. easier explained on comms.   

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Duff4r

Correct in all!  Here's mine:

[Mods]
SpeedbarUnits=3
SpeedbarSpdKMH=3
SpeedbarSpdMPH=5
SpeedbarSpdKnots=1
SpeedbarAltMeters=3
SpeedbarAltFeet=10

Although I am totally Metric literate I like to fly the proper units for the plane I'm in.  I now default to Feet instead of meters.

You are all more than welcome!
Duff

The cool part is you can have what you want and change anytime you want.

~S~
Duff4r

_Deuce_

I will have to get with someone on comms and explain further!

Neat find guys.