"Slot" Map Version 1.2

Started by _AH_Moggy, October 08, 2008, 11:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moggy

~S~ all:

Was playing around with FMB last night and discovered that the 1.2 version of the "slot" maps actually have changed the appearance of some airfields.  As an example, here is what Munda looks like on the 7-43 map, with Slot version 1.0:

And here is what it looks like on the same map, with Slot version 1.2:

As you can see, they added quite a lot of palm trees to the 2nd version.  I noticed this when testing a take off for mission # 5.  My frame-rates hit the skids, and I wondered what had happened.  The "new" version obviously is an improvement, and I don't know at this point which others have been changed, but for mission builders you might want to take a look at the new ones, if and when we switch over -- especially if you intend on adding a lot of objects.

_AH_taldrg

~S~ To the FMB. After the shelling that Munda airfield took before the invasion There was not one tree still standing in the whole place. You could not walk 6 ft. in any direction without stepping in another bomb hole. All that fancy taxi way and parking pads were all GONE. Bombed to hell and back. 21 days after the capture the Seabees had one runway up and ready to go. So omit the palm trees boys 'cause they ain't there.
I love my country..It's the government I'm afraid of.

_AH_BBQhead

S~.. eeek.. palm trees are murder on my frame rate.  :sad-056:

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_BBQhead on October 09, 2008, 01:43:22 AM
S~.. eeek.. palm trees are murder on my frame rate.  :sad-056:

Yup, I know.  The only reason I discovered this was that in testing a takeoff for a mission using that airfield, my FR's went way down.  I've not seen that before.  The reason was that using slot version 1.0, I added tons of palm trees myself, since it was a little barren.  Adding the new trees to those was just too much, and I had to go back in and remove a whole boat-load of the ones I added. 

We'll have to do some more testing, but to be a valid test we'll have to have everyone using Version 1.2 of the "slot," so we know that everyone is looking at the same objects / actors.

Now, don't anyone go installing that version yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  At least in your main game.

I'll have to do some more thinking on that issue.  More to follow...

_AH_Boosher

Slot version 1.3 is out. We should talk about it at the next meeting.

_AH_Duff4r

Here's the changelog

Version 1.3 11/30/2008
-text change Tenekau location
-height around the russells, santa isabel, segi, and elsewhere
-russell SPB spawn bug on 01-44, 10-43, 07-43
-added Ondonga SPB 01-44, 10-43

It's a 1500 kb download.  I doubt there's anything earth shattering here but Moggy would know if the Spawn Bugs could, well.......Bug Us!

S~
Duff

_AH_Moggy

Quote from: _AH_Boosher on December 01, 2008, 05:36:54 AM
Slot version 1.3 is out. We should talk about it at the next meeting.

Yes, I've known about the Slot 1.3 since it came out a few days ago.  It seems, from my reading at least, that the "fixes" it has are extremely minor at best.  And, as such I didn't mention it to anyone.  As it stands now, I'm recommending that we NOT install 1.3 until the "Slot" campaign is over (if then).

Moggy