SLOT CAMPAIGN: PRELIMINARIES

Started by _AH_Moggy, October 18, 2008, 01:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_AH_Moggy

MISSION BRIEFING DISTRIBUTION LIST

~S~ all:
I'll be e-mailing the individual mission briefing packages to all AH Flight Leaders for the upcoming "slot" campaign.  I'll also add anyone who wishes to receive them to the distribution list.

If you want to receive the briefings, please either indicate so here, including your e-mail, or e-mail me privately at:
MGenda@aol.com

The briefings will be in very similar format to the "Euro Campaign" ones, and will be sent out on Wednesdays (1 week prior to mission day).

_AH_Ring

_AH_Duff4r

_AH_Boosher

I'd be interested in seeing them Moggy.

_AH_Moby

~S~!  Respectfully requesting the Slot briefings as well, Sir!

(mobyclick@yahoo.com)

Mobes.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

_AH_Moggy

CURRENT MISSION BRIEFING DISTRIBUTION LIST:

"A" FLIGHT:
AH_Gonzo
AH_Duff4r

"B" FLIGHT:
AH_Viper

"C" FLIGHT:
AH_Johnny
AH_MOAB
AH_Ring
AH_Moby
(AH_Boosher*)

"D" FLIGHT:
AH_Rgaa

* (awaiting valid e-mail confirmation)

_AH_Col._Hogan

Thanks Moggs, add me to the list please

spitfire3425@yahoo.com

S!

_AH_Moggy

_AH_Bong

I too would like to be added.

thanks

Bongwater_663@yahoo.com
LT._AH_Bong
"Reserve" Flight
Aces High

_AH_Moggy

_AH_Moggy

SLOT CAMPAIGN SCORING

~S~ all:
I'm looking for some input / opinions here re the proposed scoring system for the upcoming "slot" campaign.  The following is a summary of the proposed system.  Vets of the VMF-223 campaign will recognize that it's virtually the same as for that campaign. 

PLEASE don't hesitate to sound off (in private if you prefer) on what you think could be added / improved.

SUMMARY OF PROPOSED SCORING SYSTEM:

There will be no individual scores tallied.  Rather, scores will be totaled for each flight.  Following each mission, each flight will earn the base point total earned by all of its (human) pilots during the mission -- including points earned by attached pilots.  Additionally, there will be bonus points awarded to each flight for:

A)  Bringing all of that flight's human-piloted aircraft back to base safely (or, if mission parameters direct, safely behind friendly lines if that condition ends the mission), in serviceable condition.*  Note:  "Serviceable condition," for purposes of this rule, means that the aircraft retains locomotive capability.  This bonus imparts a point total of + 50% of the base point total earned by that flight for the mission. 
NOTE:  This is significantly different than for the VMF-223 campaign, when the bonus awarded was only + 25%!

Example:  "C" Flight completes a mission with all 5 "breathers" RTB'ing safely.  The cumulative point total for "C" Flight is 1125.  "C" flight would be awarded a bonus of 563 points, bring its total to 1688.

*  If a flight (including attached pilots) contains less than four pilots for any mission, this bonus does NOT apply.

B)  Mission-specific bonus points for achieving assigned tasks (e.g., sinking ships, etc.).  Each mission brief will detail any such points.  When applicable, these points are awarded to a flight as base points earned -- i.e., prior to any "bring 'em all back alive" multiplier.

Individual air-to-air kills will be tallied and tracked, as well as the number of sorties flown and completed by each pilot.

(END SUMMARY) 

_AH_BBQhead

S~.

looks good to me.   ( end opinion )   :happy-016:

At that awkward age where your brain has gone from " Probably shouldn't say that" to
"What the hell, let's see what happens"?  Me too.

_AH_Olds

S! Please add me to the list.

Thanks,

Olds
"My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference". - Harry S. Truman

_AH_Gonzo

S! Moggy,

QuoteNote:  "Serviceable condition," for purposes of this rule, means that the aircraft retains locomotive capability.

The above implies that a perfectly serviceable aircraft with prop strike damage (Which in the game automatically has all the propeller blades bent back and engine inoperable) is deemed as non "Serviceable".

The above also implies that an aircraft with severe combat damage including numerous holes in the airframe, control damage, engine damage (But not enough for the engine to be deemed as "Inoperable" by the game), fuel leaks, etc, still has locomotive capability.

My point... An engine change can be done overnight while repairs to the aircraft in the second case (Especially trimming controls and repairing fuel leaks) would take much longer to complete.

Any chance of scrolling through the aircraft after a mission to deem which aircraft are repairable for a sortie the following day? I know... It'll be a pain in buttocks to sort out what is and isn't repairable but apart from adding a little more realism it should be a good laugh seeing whose done what to whose  aircraft and how many guys can ruin a perfectly good bird with a crappy landing.

Just an idea.

I'll be quiet now.

Promise.

No, my fingers aren't crossed behind my back!

"I wish I was who I was when I wanted to be what I am today" - Jimi Hendrix

_AH_Moggy